Windows 10: Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

Discus and support Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Haplo, May 25, 2021.

1. Haplo Win User

Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the system icons are corrupt/overlaid, then they seem to shift off screen. I have done a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers but still having the same effect. Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 1904.1023) Nvidia RTX 2080

:)

Haplo, May 25, 2021
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, May 25, 2021
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 25, 2021
  4. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

1. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Taskbar corruption monitor

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 4K Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K Monitor issue: I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr....
  6. Multiple 4k Monitors -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple 4k Monitors -: Need help, I have a 4 monitor setup, was 2 1080 and 2 4k monitors, all fine. Decided to replace a 1080 for a 3rd 4k monitor. 2 Identical Samsung and one Benq. The problem is with the Samsungs. One of them can't go into UHD. DxDiag detects its UHD capabilities. Latest NVidia...
  7. 4k Monitor Recommendations?

in Windows 10 Support
    4k Monitor Recommendations?: Hey all. So I play online poker as I mentioned in my old posts in my old threads. At the moment, I have 2 monitors that are 24' and 1920 x 1200 resolution which is good. But the thing is I want to get higher resolution because that way, I could put more tables visible. I know...
  8. 4k monitor with FullHD monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k monitor with FullHD monitor?: Hello, everyone, I would like to buy a second monitor for my computer. Now my question. Can I buy the following monitor and connect it to an existing FullHD monitor with Windows 10 without getting pixel problems? Thanks for your help! :) New monitor: amzn .to/2WraLA3...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...