Windows 10: Taskbar Crashes approx 4-5 times an hour - no clear cause.

Discus and support Taskbar Crashes approx 4-5 times an hour - no clear cause. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, New to the forum, so please feel free to correct any noob mistakes/tell me if I haven't explained myself correctly/relocate me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sam4673, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sam4673 Win User

Taskbar Crashes approx 4-5 times an hour - no clear cause.

Hi all,

New to the forum, so please feel free to correct any noob mistakes/tell me if I haven't explained myself correctly/relocate me to the correct section of the forum.

My Laptop has an ongoing problem (about a month now) persistent through several windows updates. The taskbar will sometimes, with no clear trigger or cause, start to rapidly flash between all my open windows, eventually when I click anywhere on the taskbar I am prompted with a not responding windows and the only option is to end the "microsoft windows" process. All the taskbar icons then disappear and seem to reload over approx 10 seconds, once this is complete, all the same windows are open, its as if nothing has happened?

Needless to say this is seriously irritating, and gets me raging so my productivity hits rock bottom,
    Any thoughts on how to solve this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Sam

:)

sam4673, Feb 17, 2016

2. Nokia C3 - Battery Issue

I have same problem with my Nokia c3 phone.

it take approx 4 to 5 hours to recharge.

mady92---01, Feb 17, 2016
  3. windows explorer restarts several times

I am running windows 10 anniversary update with latest update having version 14393.82 , I use my computer for 4-5 hours daily, in that the windows explorer and taskbar , refresh themselves several times say 5-6 times between that 4-5 hours . I want to know
    that why this happens since this is happening since I upgraded to windows 10 from win 7. I thought that problem would be solved when microsoft releases updates but this hasn't been solved till now . It did not cause any serious problem but I just want to
    know that why this happening? or Is it normal?

GovindChandraChaturvedi, Feb 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums.

I'm guessing that what you are seeing is explorer restarting. However, your description of 'flashing' is not something I'm familiar with personally. When you say "microsoft windows" process - do you mean explorer.exe?

First try the Event Viewer and see if you can find any helpful reports there.
    Noting the time of a particular event when it occurs can help a lot.
    (A simple program that can give a quick view of crashes is Appcrash by Nirsoft - free).
    Please post what you find if anything.

Erratic problems can be intrinsically hard to track down in that when trying a process of elimination, you just have to wait to see if the symptom occurs.

If this is due to a program you've installed, you can check this by doing a clean boot, and then waiting 'long enough' to see if your problem recurs.
    How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

If it still occurs, check also in Safe Mode.

dalchina, Feb 18, 2016
  5. Britton Win User
    What dalchina says is very good information and you should try those suggestions.

I'd like to add/ask where you running any particular software at the time or does it happen all on its own even without any software loaded? Try to be specific if you can. It could be something as simple as a background process or a program that you're using not being updated or fully compatible with Windows 10. This in turn could be causing explorer.exe restarts itself to clear the non responding process.

Britton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Crashes approx 4-5 times an hour - no clear cause. - Similar Threads - Taskbar Crashes approx

2. Windows crashes after several hours idle but OK for just 3 or 4 hours idle, mostly taskbar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after several hours idle but OK for just 3 or 4 hours idle, mostly taskbar...: Hi,New install of window 10 after motherboard upgrade.after perhaps 5 or 6 hours no exact pattern my PC crashes.If it sits idle for 3 or 4 hours it is fine which seems V.strange to me, never a problem so would have thought anything that was going to sleep or crash would have...
  3. Windows crashes after several hours idle but OK for just 3 or 4 hours idle, mostly taskbar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes after several hours idle but OK for just 3 or 4 hours idle, mostly taskbar...: Hi,New install of window 10 after motherboard upgrade.after perhaps 5 or 6 hours no exact pattern my PC crashes.If it sits idle for 3 or 4 hours it is fine which seems V.strange to me, never a problem so would have thought anything that was going to sleep or crash would have...
  4. Black blank box approx 4 x 5 lower right corner of monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black blank box approx 4 x 5 lower right corner of monitor screen: Does anyone know what is causing a black box to appear in the lower right corner of my screen and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-blank-box-approx-4-x-5-lower-right-corner-of/caedb43b-45f0-404d-9f40-9cc71ed9c76f
  5. Black blank box approx 4 x 5 lower right corner of monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black blank box approx 4 x 5 lower right corner of monitor screen: Does anyone know what is causing a black box to appear in the lower right corner of my screen and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-blank-box-approx-4-x-5-lower-right-corner-of/caedb43b-45f0-404d-9f40-9cc71ed9c76f
  6. Black blank box approx 4 x 5 lower right corner of monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Computer crashing every 5 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashing every 5 hours.: So, I'm having this issue where my computer crashes every 4/5 hours on my Windows 10 computer, and it's starting to get annoying. I had this issue since 2020, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could fix it. I tried almost everything, and it will still do it. I tried to...
  8. Windows 10 crash BSOD 4-5 TIMES EVERDAY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crash BSOD 4-5 TIMES EVERDAY: I HAVE A DUAL INEGRATED GRAPHICS AMD AND INTEL. WHENEVER I SWITCH ON MY LAPTOP IT GETS CRASHED THRED STUCK IN A DEVICE DRIVER TODAY I GOT THIS MESSAGE OF DX3D APPLICATION. PLEASE HELP TWO IMAGES ATTACHED. [IMG] [IMG]...
  9. Time gets reset 5 hours ahead

in Windows 10 Support
    Time gets reset 5 hours ahead: I dual boot into Linux and everytime I do so, so it seems, my Win10 time is reset to +5 hours. e.g. instead of 8PM, it is showing 1AM. I am not sure if Linux is just a correlation, not a causation. Could it be my battery went bad? However, if so, why does it roll the clock...
  10. Computer Crashed 4 Times...Driver was the Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashed 4 Times...Driver was the Cause: I have included the BSOD's in my thread. If someone could look at them, that would be appreciated. It has to do with drivers. I am betting its my Graphics Drivers. Attachment 26460 9243