Windows 10: Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight

Discus and support Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 desktop computer that has been having taskbar issues for about a year, and I finally had the idea to ask for assistance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KadinKaiser, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 desktop computer that has been having taskbar issues for about a year, and I finally had the idea to ask for assistance here.

Just for context, I leave my computer on overnight for days at a time without restarting it or shutting it down. The problem is, every once in a while when I check on the computer the next day, the taskbar says that I have no internet connection. This is odd because I never disconnect from internet. When I click the 'no network connection' icon on the taskbar, it brings up the little window that should show me all the available connections. It loads for a bit, but then the window collapses and shows no connections. The three buttons, 'wifi,' 'airplane mode,' and 'mobile hotspot' cease to function. When I try to access settings via the start button on the taskbar, it opens and gets stuck before it shows the main menu. Sometimes when this happens, the start button won't even work, as well as the search button on the taskbar beside it. With all other options gone, I restart or shut down the desktop either by accessing the start menu or by right-clicking the start button if the start button isn't functioning. However, when the computer restarts or shuts down, it gets stuck at the loading screen that says 'restarting' or 'shutting down.' It doesn't go anywhere from there, even after several minutes, so I end up holding down the power button on the desktop and force-quitting the machine. When I turn the machine back on, the OS works perfectly.

I know this is a lot, but is there any fix to this problem, or is this just a bug that has to be repaired in a Windows update some day?

Thanks,

Kadin

:)

KadinKaiser, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to return the icons on the left side of the Taskbar:

• Right click on the empty Taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Right click again on empty Taskbar and hover the mouse on Toolbar.
    • Click New folder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Desktop and Taskbar not working properly

Hi Ashtyn,

It seems that your laptop is in tablet mode. For us to verify this, let's look into the settings and switch to desktop mode. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • In the left pane, click Tablet mode.
    • Under Tablet mode, set the When I sign in option to
      Use desktop mode.

Once done, check if the start menu is closed and if the programs you have opened appear in the taskbar.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 22, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight

1. Taskbar crashes if desktop left on overnight - Similar Threads - Taskbar crashes desktop

2. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: Edit: I have S0 and it says "During Modern Standby, the system can stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available". Is it because the wifi cut off?I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows...
  3. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows the home screen, all the apps are closed and I have to recover my files from AutoRecovery. It doesn't need to start up, just log in like normal.It is often...
  4. widgets on left taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widgets on left taskbar: so after Update KB5010414 i istall it after 30 min and widgets on left pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widgets-on-left-taskbar/864c9ef8-08f3-404a-a410-4570dda1359b
  5. computer crashing and desktop/taskbar crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashing and desktop/taskbar crashing: I used to have an issue of my pc crashing all the time very briefly before attempting to reboot and not finding the os. Now I have an issue where my desktop and taskbar crash and then reload every few minutes tabbing me out of what I was doing. Also windows settings crashes...
  6. desktop and work disappeared overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop and work disappeared overnight: Where has my busy desktop gone along woth my database and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-work-disappeared-overnight/f7d7a0b2-5065-4bf7-9f02-030f4c574f76
  7. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  8. My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start: I went to bed and believe I didnt show my laptop fully. When I woke up and opened my laptop, my desktop background was black. I tried to open Adobe Illustrator but it crashes upon start. My Adobe Indesign also crashes upon start. My Rhinoceros for 3D modeling also crashes...
  9. Windows crashing overnight repeatedly

Windows crashing overnight repeatedly: Hello, I am having an issue with the PC crashing overnight for several days in a row. From other threads, I've seen people be requested to upload a zip file of the mini-dumps when it is reffering to rebooting from a bugcheck. I've attached the minidump along with the System...
  10. PC Left on Overnight, Strange, Unknown Error

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Left on Overnight, Strange, Unknown Error: Hi, after leaving my windows 10 pc on overnight (APU) it has started generating this unusual message with no indication of which program it belongs too. How can I find the program generating the error? 92140