Windows 10: Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Discus and support Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bazmnaz12, Aug 25, 2015.

1. bazmnaz12 Win User

Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it.

I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I updated to Windows 10 and this was not an issue. HOWEVER, now I've purchased a new computer and the problem is persisting BUT this time on my new computer, it doesn't give me the option to pin the 'open' icon.
    So in other words, if I pin/unpin one of the open OR closed icons, the command will happen to both icons.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.

:)

bazmnaz12, Aug 25, 2015

2. Duplicate taskbar icons

Windows 10 Final Build 10240. ( Not Insider. )

I am having a really annoying problem with the taskbar where the iTunes shortcut tends to duplicate when i pin it to the taskbar , this never happened before, not in Windows 7 or Windows 8 , 8.1..... is there a way to stop Windows from duplicating pinned
    icons, and this problem affects the iTunes icon ONLY , Latest iTunes (version 12.2.2.25.), Windows is up to date.

Thanks...........

Mustafa Amr, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Pinned Icons move to the end when opened...instead of just showing the underline when they are open.

In Windows, 7, 8 and 8.1 and even in the beginning of using W10, when I pin icons to the taskbar, they stayed where I put them and if I clicked them, an underline would appear under the open ones. now, for some reason, when I click on an icon, it opens
    fine, BUT it creates a duplicate icon at the end of the taskbar. I have tried Locking the taskbar in both places (although I usually have Hide the taskbar chosen for full-screen viewing).

Does anyone have the same problem or know how to correct this as it did work fine in the beginning.

Thank you,

Steven

Steven.Scott, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Unpin the iTunes icon. Then open iTunes, then pin it. If that doesn't work, then Apple has done something stupid.

logicearth, Aug 25, 2015
  5. bazmnaz12 Win User
    Just tried that, it created a new duplicate when I tried to pin it. *Sad

bazmnaz12, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Then Apple seriously has messed up. They need to fix it.

logicearth, Aug 25, 2015
  7. lokiwow Win User
    just wanted to point out this is not just an issue with itunes, it may be apple that messed something up in an update but windows 10 has had massive issues with people randomly having extra icons for applications, i believe it has something to do with .exe redirects that programs have been using lately so when you when something and the .exe you have pinned gets updated to open another .exe in the install directory it stops keeping one pin, i currently have battle.net and glyph launcher duplicated on my task bar, battle.net does it after an update and repining it doesn't fix it anymore, glyph wasn't doing it until it crashed today then got updated.....to blindly blame apple is no exactly right here, researching the problem from multiple sources and seeing if others have the same problem will help. sadly windows 8 did not do this so they must have updated the pining code in 10 and broke aka "fixed" something.

-

lokiwow, Sep 9, 2015
  8. bazmnaz12 Win User

bazmnaz12, Sep 10, 2015
  9. And there is an update for iTunes which solves the double icon problem *Smile

Yeah!

Greetz,

Rover

Der Snoober, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it - Similar Threads - Taskbar creating duplicate

2. Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...: So i have these very irritating issues and I read that I can do a normal startup but it is not allowing me to . Please help its urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-start-duplicating-on-taskbar-when-i-hover/e8a958b6-ca1d-4ea2-8f92-f45b8ee53dcd
  3. Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...: So i have these very irritating issues and I read that I can do a normal startup but it is not allowing me to . Please help its urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-start-duplicating-on-taskbar-when-i-hover/e8a958b6-ca1d-4ea2-8f92-f45b8ee53dcd
  4. Icons start duplicating on taskbar when i hover over them and When i open chrome the blue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar: [ATTACH] So I've had this invisible icon on my taskbar that I can't get rid of for around half a year. It doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I can't open it or hover over it and highlight it, but I can move it around and right-click it. When I do...
  6. Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.: I'm using Chromium Edge. When I pin it it to the taskbar, no matter from where, it doesn't work correctly. When I click Edge on the taskbar it creates another Edge icon which is where the actual window is. So there's two Edge icons on the taskbar when I have Edge open. I...
  7. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  8. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  9. How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?: If I pin iTunes shortcut to task bar and then launch iTunes, it shows two iTunes icons in task bar. How do I go about fixing this? 22774
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...