Windows 10: Taskbar date format seems random?

Discus and support Taskbar date format seems random? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set my date to show the long date, e.g., "Wednesday, September 16, 2020" -- sometimes it's correct and other times it shows just the time. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kirkbross, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Taskbar date format seems random?

I set my date to show the long date, e.g., "Wednesday, September 16, 2020" -- sometimes it's correct and other times it shows just the time. Sometimes it's the time stacked over the short date. How can I achieve consistent display of date/time in the lower right of the task bar? I want this to take precedence over whether quick launch icons wrap.

submitted by /u/kirkbross
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kirkbross, Sep 17, 2020

2. Time and Date Format on Taskbar

I wish that worked. The reason I was asking was because I wanted my taskbar to be more narrow and I thought the time/day/date was causing it to be thicker. But I have already tried your suggestion several times and I cannot reduce
    the size of the taskbar. This is very frustrating. I'm assuming this has occurred due to some recent Windows 10 upgrade. It just started to appear this way, and I cannot get the taskbar to go back to the narrower format.

I guess I'm just stuck with this. Thanks anyway.
    Ted

Ted and Faith McMichael, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Taskbar date format seems random?

Windows 10 avalible Date formats need to the some as windows 7

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Please follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the date and time format:

• Click on the time and date on the Windows taskbar.

• Now click on Date and time settings.

• Click on Change date and time formats on the right pane.

• Now you can set different time and date format.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar date format seems random?

1. Taskbar date format seems random? - Similar Threads - Taskbar date format

2. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  3. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  4. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  5. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  6. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  8. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  9. Time and Date Format on Taskbar

Time and Date Format on Taskbar: Is there any way to alter the display format for the time and date on the Windows 10 taskbar? By default, it show a three-line entry of time, day, date. I would like to eliminate the day and only display the time and date. Is there any way to do that?...
  10. Change date format ONLY for the taskbar in Windows 10

Change date format ONLY for the taskbar in Windows 10: Is it possible to set a different date format exclusively for the taskbar in Windows 10? More specifically, while "yyyy/MM/dd" is my favorite short-date format across all the different system options in Windows 10, when it comes to the taskbar I find useless to display the...