Windows 10: Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have a brand new installation with Windows 10 latest version and all updates installed. My system is quite fast and new (i9-9940X, 64 GB RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MortenTelling, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10

Hi

I have a brand new installation with Windows 10 latest version and all updates installed. My system is quite fast and new (i9-9940X, 64 GB RAM, Nvidida 1060 graphics card). Windows is installed on a brand new SSD disk.

Tthe system has been acting normal all the time. BUT suddenly I experience the following:

1. After my PC wakes up from sleep, it often only shows a few icons - if any - in the taskbar. The taskbar is also totally unresponsive.

2. All icons at the desktop is also unresponsive, so i can not start anything. BUT if i have a browser opened from before going to skeep, it works allright. As does most apllications I might have opened before entering sleep-mode.

3. After about 100-150 seconds the icons shows up, and the taskbar works again. All apps works as well, and the system are normal.

I have tried a few things without result:

1. runned chkdsk and scannow and dism-commands etc.

2. disabled the "activate quick start" in the hibernation.

Mostly I dont mind waiting for a few seconds to let the system start up, and I really wanna save energy, so hibernation is a nice option. But it startes to get irritating to wait for 1-2 minuts everytime I wake up my computer from sleep maybee 10-15 times a day...

Any clues?

Thx in advance.

:)

MortenTelling, Mar 25, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10

1. Taskbar delayed after waking up from sleep _ windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar delayed waking

2. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  3. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  4. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  6. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  7. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 gets delayed after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 gets delayed after waking up from sleep: Every time I wake it up when I'm in a browser tab or in file explorer, that menu functions become frozen for a while until I either click on something else or wait after a few more seconds. It always responded faster before until recently. Is there a way to fix this?...
  9. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  10. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep: This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". But once it restarts after collecting the data it tells me that "Windows wasn't loaded...