Windows 10: Taskbar display issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar display issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a dual monitor display connected to my laptop on a docking station. On one monitor, the taskbar displays normally, but on my primary monitor, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anna Hurley, May 12, 2021.

1. Taskbar display issues on Windows 10

I use a dual monitor display connected to my laptop on a docking station. On one monitor, the taskbar displays normally, but on my primary monitor, it displays more expanded. I've tried restarting and messing with taskbar settings, but I don't know how to resolve it.

:)

Anna Hurley, May 12, 2021

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 12, 2021
  4. Taskbar display issues on Windows 10

Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar display issues on Windows 10

1. Taskbar display issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar display issues

2. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  3. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  4. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Window 10 taskbar display error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 taskbar display error: Anyone face this situation ? How can I solve it ? I restart my computer over 5 times and still can't solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-taskbar-display-error/37cd2252-6683-4e1e-b2ba-d11fbf3ecea8
  6. Window 10 taskbar display error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 taskbar display error: Anyone face this situation ? How can I solve it ? I restart my computer over 5 times and still can't solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-taskbar-display-error/37cd2252-6683-4e1e-b2ba-d11fbf3ecea8
  7. Window 10 taskbar display error

8. Problem Displaying Taskbar in Windows 10

Problem Displaying Taskbar in Windows 10: hi i have a problem with the task bar but mine i not showing up when i like drag the mouse into bottom of the screen m using google chrome of a fullscreen app and this is my taskbar settings : lock the taskbar : off auto hide the taskbar in desktop mode : on auto...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Issue: So the last two days I've been unable to use a few of the features of my Taskbar. Thr start menu, cortana, the volume, internet and clock buttons are all unresponsive. I get an error sound when my computer logs in or a few seconds after trying the start button. I have tried...
  10. Taskbar issue (may be display related)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar issue (may be display related): I have an issue with my taskbar. (win 10pro 64bit) When you click on the browser icon in the taskbar it opens up a submenu with each individual browser window shown. Once you get more than 21 you get scroll arrows at top and bottom of column. My problem is that at the top...