Windows 10: Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working

Discus and support Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now I cannot get the Start or Search buttons on my taskbar to respond at all. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QuinnRedfield, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working

I just updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now I cannot get the Start or Search buttons on my taskbar to respond at all. I cannot open the Taskbar Settings either, but programs will launch from the Task Bar at least, so it's not totally frozen.

Also, when I right click on my desk top to go to Personalize or Display Settings I receive an error message reading:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing thi8s action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page."

Can anyone explain this error or help me get the Start and Search working on my taskbar?

Note: I have already tried looking for Windows updates and uninstalling Avast as well as restarting Windows Explorer via the Task Manager.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you!

:)

QuinnRedfield, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working

1. Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working - Similar Threads - Taskbar Display Settings

2. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  3. Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Right Click Personalize and Display Settings don't work: I can successfully run Personalize and Display Settings from the PC Settings submenu. However, when I Right Click desktop, Personalize and Display Settings show up in the little menu, but do not work. I get a very brief CMD screen, then nothing. I have tried: Scannow and DISM...
  4. Personalize setting and display setting could not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalize setting and display setting could not open: Hi, My Laptop,, when I at desktop screen, right click and click the menu personalize or display, just pop out message box, and I could not open setting apps from setting menu. thanks.[ATTACH]...
  5. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......
  6. Windows 10 right clicking personalization or display settings not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 right clicking personalization or display settings not working!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bricks2920 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iepa47/windows_10_right_clicking_personalization_or/
  7. Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...

Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...: Hello to all readers of this post! I've recently done a clean installation of Windows 10 (1809) on my computer and updated the system and drivers to the latest as needed. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] (Here's a list of updates that are currently installed in the system.)...
  8. Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar

Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar: Hey guys, i play with my taskbar settings for when i game....is their a way to PIN taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to the taskbar....the option is pin to start.. if anyone knows the command for that i can maybe create a direct shortcut 124165
  9. Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to tasbar

Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to tasbar: Hey guys, i play with my taskbar settings for when i game....is their a way to PIN taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to the taskbar....the option is pin to start.. if anyone knows the command for that i can maybe create a direct shortcut 124165
  10. Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting: **************Edit********************* I ended up ordering another dell gaming monitors and selling the other Acers and running two identical Dell Monitors instead. This change was my work around for the issue. Plus I reformatted my PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings personalization taskbar

2. personalazation tastbar

3. personalize and display settings not working

4. personalization taskbar,
  5. Settings > Personalization > Taskbar,
  6. display settings not working,
  7. setting personalization taskbar,
  8. personalization - taskbar,
  9. windows 10 taskbar settings not working,
  10. >Setting>Personalizatiom>taskbar,
  11. Personalization > Taskbar,