Windows 10: Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

Discus and support Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues. It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TudorBulugioiu, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

Hello,

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues.

It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games ( these would take a second and there was no cmd window popping up, I tried that) but now the taskbar keeps dissapearing randomly.

It had gotten so far as to even have settings windows close by themselves.

I run a BenQ 1080p monitor as my main and I also run a 10 meter HDMI to a LG 4K tv ( extended displays)

On 1080Ti Aorus 11Gb GPU, all the drivers are up to date.

explorer.exe does not crash when I lose my taskbar and I already disabled tablet mode. It seems that the issues usually happen when the 4K tv is connected.

If I disconnect it ( unplug the HDMI from the GPU) it seems to be working but the taskbar is still thicker than it should be.

It is absolutely mind boggling how difficult it is to just have a normal working system after the new Windows 10 updates.

If you have any ideeas as to how I could fix this I will gladly try them.

Thank you in advance!

:)

TudorBulugioiu, Oct 5, 2018

2. [Windows 10] Taskbar when alt-tabing

Thanks for the feedback, SlyJacob. By the way, have you enabled taskbar to show on both displays? If not, then please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key and select Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then select Taskbar.
    • Under Multiple displays, toggle On Show taskbar on all displays.

Try pressing Alt+tab again and let us know if the taskbar also appears on the other monitor.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    taskbar resize WIN 10

Hi Frank,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

Windows 10 Taskbar resizes after full screen game or attached to an external monitor

Hi,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on taskbar.
    • click on properties.
    • uncheck--use small taskbar buttons.
    • uncheck--lock the taskbar.
    • try to place the mouse pointer and then resize the taskbar.
    Keep us updated.

Rey Cam, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

1. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor - Similar Threads - Taskbar dissapearing random

2. Windows 11 Taskbar/Alt Tab issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar/Alt Tab issues: Hello,I recently installed Windows 11 and have noticed a few issues. Though this one is not as major, you can drag browsers or apps to cover the taskbar now. Not sure if this is intended, but please let me know if you can turn this setting off. More importantly, not sure if...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar/Alt Tab issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar/Alt Tab issues: Hello,I recently installed Windows 11 and have noticed a few issues. Though this one is not as major, you can drag browsers or apps to cover the taskbar now. Not sure if this is intended, but please let me know if you can turn this setting off. More importantly, not sure if...
  4. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I hold Alt+Tab, It shows a little preview, when I click on it it do nothing. Why this is showing here? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I...
  5. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  6. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  7. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  8. Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing while alt-tabbed with multiple monitors: I'm running two monitors, monitor A is my main monitor, and monitor B is my secondary i use for videos and everything while gaming. When I have a game on monitor A and I alt+tab out to a window on my second monitor, the taskbar doesn't show up. It's the same when i click off...
  9. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  10. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor: Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues. It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games ( these would take a second and there was no cmd window popping up, I tried that) but now the taskbar keeps dissapearing...