Windows 10: Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

Discus and support Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tesagk, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Tesagk Win User

Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the main display at all. I don't like auto-hiding my taskbar, and it creates issues with windowed programs on my main display.

Is there a way for me to force Windows to put the taskbar on my secondary monitor?

:)

Tesagk, Nov 6, 2016
  2. JC PDX Win User

Taskbar Disappears on main screen when using multiple monitors

I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop, and I dock my laptop so I can use two additional monitors. I have the taskbar set to hide. The taskbar appears on all three monitors upon initial startup. After some time (which I cannot pinpoint), the taskbar on the
    laptop screen disappears and never comes back. The taskbar continues to work normally on the two external monitors. The taskbar returns to the laptopn screen if I restart my laptop, althought his is a real inconvenience. Any suggestions?

JC PDX, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Bakanisan Win User
    Opening programs on second monitor, not main monitor

I know this question was asked. But it was years ago and a lot have changed.

The question was answered in
    this post
    . But it doesn't have all the answer I need.

I want my programs to be opened in the monitor which the taskbar contains them resides on.

Sorry for my english but here's an example:

-I open chrome in monitor 2's taskbar, it stays there. But when I close it and re-open chrome in monitor 1's taskbar, I want it to be in monitor 1, not monitor 2.

Bakanisan, Nov 6, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

In Settings > Personalisation > Multiple displays, turn Show taskbar on all displays OFF:

Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display [​IMG]

Right click Taskbar, unlock it:

Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display [​IMG]

Bring pointer over an empty spot in Taskbar, press and hold down left mouse button, drag Taskbar to secondary display. Release mouse button, lock Taskbar.

Now you have taskbar only on secondary display. Very practical for instance if you are a gamer playing games on primary display full screen, moving Taskbar to secondary display keeps taskbar always visible and usable.

Kari, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Tesagk Win User
    Wow, that's stupidly easy. I forgot that you can drag the taskbar around. Thank you.

Tesagk, Nov 6, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display - Similar Threads - Taskbar DISPLAY Main

2. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  3. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  4. Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive

Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive: I dont really know what happens, but the buttons for programs on my main display go unresponsive.I have a Graphics card AMD R9 200 Series which has 2 monitors connected, and 1 that is connected to onboard GPU.Icons in tray are still working, so i can click on calendar,...
  5. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  6. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  7. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

8. Main display switches

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  9. Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar has Vanished on Main Display: Hello. I recently upgraded my cables from VGA to DVI, and was playing around with monitor resolutions. Somehow, on my left display, the taskbar has disappeared, and I don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions? (NOTE: Changing the main display doesn't work, and neither...
  10. Main Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Main Display Issue: Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now...