Windows 10: Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

Discus and support Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lucrondeth, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

Hello all,

I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7.

For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me to navigate to other things, go to the start menu, see the time, etc...

On Windows 10 however, whenever I alt-tab, I will still be able to move my mouse outside of the previously selected window, but my taskbar does not show up, instead I am forced to use the windows key to bring up the task bar, which is a massive pain for someone who's been using alt tab for that purpose for 15ish years.

I think this is specifically a problem with borderless windowed mode applications, as when I set things to full screen, alt-tab will bring me to my taskbar, however will also minimize the game I am playing. Normally, this game would stay in the background where I could just click back on it (on the screen, not the taskbar) and the taskbar would disappear behind the game again.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks

submitted by /u/Lucrondeth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lucrondeth, Jul 15, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jul 15, 2020
  3. ReyminD Win User
    Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing

While this isn't a serious problem, it's definitely a hell of an annoyance. When I alt-tab from several full-screen games, such as League of Legends, this is the result, sometimes it differs. In the image below, you can clearly see that something's wrong with the taskbar. I would also like to tell you, that when I hover the cursor on the taskbar, they return to normal.

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games [​IMG]

ReyminD, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

https://i.imgur.com/iPWfVpA.png

Specs:
    Windows 10 x64
    GTX 980ti
    16GB ram

I've googled with no success - I've made sure there are no ease of access optiosn set, I've make sure taskbar is locked, I've tried restarting the windows explorer process.

If I hit the winkey the taskbar appears but if I alt-tab around it doesn't.

WastedJoker, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

1. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games - Similar Threads - Taskbar does appear

2. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  3. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  4. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  5. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  6. is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?: just "upgraded" to this dumpsterfire and this is one thing that really bugs me, i see tons of posts about it but given how old they are im assuming solutions have been found and implemetned but i cant seem to find settings to fix this...
  7. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  8. Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game

Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game: I know this has been posted before, but it looks like it was largely posted 2-3 years ago, and I don't see any recent posts. So, my assumption is either this was fixed or there was a workaround published in the past couple years that I just can't find. In any case, if it...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game: https://i.imgur.com/iPWfVpA.png Specs: Windows 10 x64 GTX 980ti 16GB ram I've googled with no success - I've made sure there are no ease of access optiosn set, I've make sure taskbar is locked, I've tried restarting the windows explorer process. If I hit the...
  10. Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing: While this isn't a serious problem, it's definitely a hell of an annoyance. When I alt-tab from several full-screen games, such as League of Legends, this is the result, sometimes it differs. In the image below, you can clearly see that something's wrong with the taskbar. I...