Windows 10: Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

Discus and support Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimQZU, Oct 13, 2022.

1. JimQZU Win User

Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used ctrl-alt-del to sign-out and shutdown. Then I brought up the system restore options when I restarted. I had the system restore to:2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5018418which was installed on 10/13/2022 and everything seemed fine.I figured something went wrong with the update download and di

:)

JimQZU, Oct 13, 2022

2. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2022
  4. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

Win 10 taskbar not working after latest windows update

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating with unable to access the Start menu, Taskbar after installing the update.

We appreciate the effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the latest update installed on your computer?

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Reply to the post with the required information to assist you better with this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

1. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update - Similar Threads - Taskbar Does latest

2. Windows does not load after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not load after latest update: After the latest window 10 update this morning my computer does no longer load windows and I cannot access my files. I have run a Reset three times which completes and then moves on to a Windows Reinstall that should not affect my documents the window reinstall runs to 9%...
  3. Windows does not load after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not load after latest update: After the latest window 10 update this morning my computer does no longer load windows and I cannot access my files. I have run a Reset three times which completes and then moves on to a Windows Reinstall that should not affect my documents the window reinstall runs to 9%...
  4. Windows does not load after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  6. java is not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java is not working after latest update: my java doesnot work after the last windows update... what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-is-not-working-after-latest-update/03bb7cfc-b509-43c7-a690-085246dbba91
  7. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  8. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar: Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. 4 monitor setup here at work. After yesterday's update, my default monitor no longer has the 'default' Taskbar (the one with the search bar, and the app/notification area). This taskbar is staying on screen number 2 - even...
  9. Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work after latest win 10 update: My sound system worked fine until a few days ago when Microsoft did a mandatory update in the middle of the night. Videos have no sound My laptop does not play any of the usual notification sounds... like plugging in a USB device, startup etc. If I use the Dell...
  10. Taskbar not working after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not working after update: Hi, I have an HP Pavillion laptop that came with windows 8.1, but I have upgraded to windows 10. I upgraded on launch day and everything was fine. I went out and left my computer on, when I came back, my computer was updating in a cool sci-fi looking gui, big percentage sign,...