Windows 10: Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, most taskbar functions fail to work. I cannot access the start, wifi, volume, or action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdhillyer, Feb 9, 2016.

1. mdhillyer Win User

Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, most taskbar functions fail to work.

I cannot access the start, wifi, volume, or action menus. I also cannot access the jump lists on my pinned icons. However, I can still open programs from the pinned icons.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

mdhillyer, Feb 9, 2016

2. lenovo yoga 11s crash on recovery from sleep

Lenovo Yoga 11s becomes unresponsive on waking from sleep mode. Used principally in laptop mode, tries to return in tablet mode but fails to mount entire desktop. Taskbar has back arrow and windows logo, but neither respond to input. Action center does
    not open.

Problem occurs 60% of time waking computer from sleep mode, requires hard shutdown / restart.

BillPetersen, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Zxxl Win User
    Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I'm another user with a taskbar problem. Auto hide works OK but............if the taskbar is placed at the bottom of the screen it will not reappear when the computer wakes from sleep mode until I open the task manager and restart Windows Explorer. Then
    the taskbar will work properly until the computer goes into sleep mode again.

The problem does not appear if I keep the taskbar pinned to the left side of the screen but that is not where I like to keep it. I have seen one other post from an individual with exactly the same situation. It appears that Windows 10 with some hardware
    configurations has a problem with the taskbar. I say, with some configurations, because I have a second computer running Windows 10 that does not have a taskbar problem.

Zxxl, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

1. Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar does waking

2. Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 after waking it from sleep mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingFerdinand11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsgiju/windows10_after_waking_it_from_sleep_mode/
  3. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  4. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep: I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 21H2 which is the most up-to-date version for this computer. I have had this problem as long as I've had this device, but now I would like to fix the problem. In settings under the personality section, I have set it to this: which...
  5. Taskbar is transparent after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Volume booming after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume booming after waking from sleep mode: Hello, Every time my laptop sleeps, upon waking the volume is super load giving me a nasty shock very often. When I unplug and replug the audio 3.5mm jack it fixes. It seems to me like the OS forgets that they're headphones after waking up and treats them as speakers, but the...
  7. W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - BSOD after waking from sleep mode: Hello,I have a laptop that keeps getting the BSOD when it comes out of sleep mode with the error code: "Unexpected Store Exception"I have tried checking for corrupted files, reinstalling drivers, scanning for viruses and even reinstalling Windows 10 but the issue still...
  8. Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode: Hello, From a few months ago I faced a problem, which is the following: I have two accounts in Windows 10 that I use almost every day. When my PC wakes up from sleep mode in the Administrator account, it's fine, and everything works... Butafter waking up from sleep mode...
  9. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  10. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....