Windows 10: Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

Discus and support Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, most taskbar functions fail to work. I cannot access the start, wifi, volume, or action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdhillyer, Feb 9, 2016.

1. mdhillyer Win User

Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, most taskbar functions fail to work.

I cannot access the start, wifi, volume, or action menus. I also cannot access the jump lists on my pinned icons. However, I can still open programs from the pinned icons.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

mdhillyer, Feb 9, 2016

2. lenovo yoga 11s crash on recovery from sleep

Lenovo Yoga 11s becomes unresponsive on waking from sleep mode. Used principally in laptop mode, tries to return in tablet mode but fails to mount entire desktop. Taskbar has back arrow and windows logo, but neither respond to input. Action center does
    not open.

Problem occurs 60% of time waking computer from sleep mode, requires hard shutdown / restart.

BillPetersen, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Zxxl Win User
    Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I'm another user with a taskbar problem. Auto hide works OK but............if the taskbar is placed at the bottom of the screen it will not reappear when the computer wakes from sleep mode until I open the task manager and restart Windows Explorer. Then
    the taskbar will work properly until the computer goes into sleep mode again.

The problem does not appear if I keep the taskbar pinned to the left side of the screen but that is not where I like to keep it. I have seen one other post from an individual with exactly the same situation. It appears that Windows 10 with some hardware
    configurations has a problem with the taskbar. I say, with some configurations, because I have a second computer running Windows 10 that does not have a taskbar problem.

Zxxl, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

1. Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar does waking

2. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....
  3. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  4. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  5. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  6. Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.

Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.: I recently installed a new ssd into an old laptop and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Just in the last few days (I think it wasn't like this at first) my system loses the ability to play video or audio after waking up from sleep mode. If I restart the system,...
  7. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  8. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode: Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking...
  9. BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking computer from sleep mode: I had just finished about 4 hours of gaming and put my computer in sleep mode while I did some other personal things. Once I came back, I awoke my computer and when attempting to put in my log passcode, my computer froze. After about 1 minute, nothing had changed, so I forced...
  10. Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up.: Came across my first major problem. When I try to go into sleep mode (either through the Start menu or pressing the power button), the hard drive light blinks for a second then the screen goes black. BUT... my power light stays on (should be blinking) and pressing it again,...