Windows 10: Taskbar does not work when clicked

Discus and support Taskbar does not work when clicked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to ask, why the start menu, cortana, WiFi, and the sound in the Windows 10 taskbar can't be clicked (clicked but nothing happens). And how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mahir Rahim, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Taskbar does not work when clicked

I want to ask, why the start menu, cortana, WiFi, and the sound in the Windows 10 taskbar can't be clicked (clicked but nothing happens). And how to solve this problem.
    Chronology before the problem occurs:
    before this problem occurred, yesterday night windows did an automatic update. And this afternoon when I wanted to connect an internet connection to zoom, this problem occurred.
    The effort I have put in this time.
    1. Restart the laptop
    2. Restart explorer
    3. Run the System File Checker (sfc / scannow) in powershell admin and find the corrupted windows files.
    4. Still in Powershell admin, I run dism with the command
    DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
    And
    DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAcces.
    5. Updating windows but I can't connect my laptop to the internet for updating due to the above problem.
    6. Restore to the time before Windows performs automatic updates

:)

Mahir Rahim, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Taskbar does not work when clicked

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar does not work when clicked

1. Taskbar does not work when clicked - Similar Threads - Taskbar does clicked

2. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  3. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  4. How to fix windows 10 taskbar click not working? When I click on taskbar anywhere but it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix windows 10 taskbar click not working? When I click on taskbar anywhere but it...: When I click on taskbar anywhere like wifi can icon or cortona or window Button etc but it doesn’t work full taskbar is not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-windows-10-taskbar-click-not-working/17c61971-6ddf-4bca-851d-e1e155318835
  5. Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.: They doesn't respond when clicked on home screen but work when any app is opened.in homescreen when i pressed sound and battery button it shows as clicked but there is nothing . See Screenshot 1but when i open any other app like chrome and click on battery and sound button it...
  6. Right-Click not working in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click not working in Taskbar: Welcome to another episode of "The Computer Illiterate Electrical Engineer"... Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) on a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086. I just noticed the right click button on my touchpad will not allow me to access menus for taskbar icons. I just...
  7. Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.: Hello, I encountered a weird issue with Win10. So, this has happened to me on version 1903 and 1909. In 1909 every time this issue popped up, I would just do an in-place upgrade, and that would solve it. When I upgraded to 2004 though, the issue reappeared and I am unable to...
  8. Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is not working correctly, right clicking taskbar and selecting an option does not work.: Hello, I encountered a weird issue with Win10. So, this has happened to me on version 1903 and 1909. In 1909 every time this issue popped up, I would just do an in-place upgrade, and that would solve it. When I upgraded to 2004 though, the issue reappeared and I am unable to...
  9. taskbar open windows right click does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar open windows right click does not work: every time i have some windows open on the task bar the right click function does not open the context window, meaning i want to be able to close the window. ive tired shellex view not sure which ones to disable that maybe causing the issue. 35648
  10. Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Keyboard icon (in taskbar) when clicked on does nothing: I am able to display the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar but when I click on the Touch Keyboard icon nothing happens (the Touch Keyboard does not pop up). It used to work in Windows 8.1 but when I upgraded to Win 10 it no longer displays. I'm not talking about the...