Windows 10: Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse

Discus and support Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bhushan2727, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse

Hi everyone,

I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for the first time taskbar appears but once I minimize the app and open it again it stops working.] Any solution?

:)

Bhushan2727, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Taskbar

Hi,

If in case that you're not seeing any search bar or box on your taskbar, this option can be hidden. You can have your search box appear on your taskbar by following these steps:

• Right-Click on the taskbar or Cortana.
    • Hover your mouse over Cortana, then select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Feb 17, 2019
  3. donwb Win User
    Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Feb 17, 2019
  4. EddoX Win User

Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse

Windows 10: When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse).

Window 10 - When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse). I learned how to change it from icons to a list, but now I want it to stay as long as my mouse pointer is hovering over the icon on
    the taskbar. Currently it only shows for a couple of seconds. I don't want a couple of additional seconds. I want the list of object to stay on the screen til I move my mouse.

It was possible in Windows 7. I hope it's possible in Windows 10.

EddoX, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse

1. Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse - Similar Threads - Taskbar doesn't show

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  5. When I hover over an item in the taskbar and click the window that pops up, it doesn't show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hover over an item in the taskbar and click the window that pops up, it doesn't show...: When I want to change programmes, I go to the taskbar, hover my mouse over the programme, then click on the appropriate page that pops up.... or that's what I would usually do. Since windows has been updated, it no longer takes me to that page. I have to try about three or...
  6. When I hover over an item in the taskbar and click the window that pops up, it doesn't show...

When I hover over an item in the taskbar and click the window that pops up, it doesn't show...: When I want to change programmes, I go to the taskbar, hover my mouse over the programme, then click on the appropriate page that pops up.... or that's what I would usually do. Since windows has been updated, it no longer takes me to that page. I have to try about three or...
  7. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  8. Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors

Hidden Taskbars not showing when hovering mouse on Secondary monitors: In Windows 10 I could hover my mouse on my second and third monitor and the hidden Taskbar would rise up from the bottom of the screen. In Windows 11 you can't do that? You have to right click and then click a bunch more times at the bottom of the screen. Am I missing...
  9. Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse: Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for...
  10. ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALT+TAB making hidden taskbar not showing up when hovering mouse: This bug has happens as long as I can remember (and still happening in 1909), and I decided to post about it today. If you set the taskbar to auto-hide in desktop mode, and when pressing ALT+TAB to switch between windows, taskbar won't show when you hover mouse over the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to show taskbar with just mouse

2. hover over icon on taskbar does not work

3. have taskbar show when i hover

4. windows 10 taskbar not appearing when mouse hover,
  5. taskbar not showing when mouse over,
  6. howto see my task bar icon by hoovering over them,
  7. taskbar not showing up when hovering the mouse,
  8. when browser open taskbar doesnt open with mouse,
  9. search bar only shows if you hover over it ,
  10. taskbar will not show when hovering the mouse,
  11. hover over windows 10 search bar but it doesnt click,
  12. windows taskbar show when right mouse hover ,
  13. taskbar doesnt show,
  14. how to have taskbar show when mouse over,
  15. my setting screen appears on my taskbar when i hover but will not appear on my screen