Windows 10: Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?

Discus and support Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently added a 4k tv as a third monitor to my system. Since then, my taskbar has been changed to double its normal height. The first and second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShoeLace1291, May 14, 2020.

1. Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?

So I recently added a 4k tv as a third monitor to my system. Since then, my taskbar has been changed to double its normal height. The first and second monitors are 1920x1080 and the third(tv) is 4096x2160. The taskbar on the second monitor is fine but on the first and third monitors it is double height. How do I fix this? I've tried dragging the top of the taskbar down but that didn't do anything.

Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/sh2ksq

submitted by /u/ShoeLace1291
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShoeLace1291, May 14, 2020

2. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding.

But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height.

Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help.

I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none.

In the past, it was never a problem but ever since the creators update it is hell.

Does anybody have a real solution for this?

UltraFox69, May 14, 2020
  3. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated.

It's English W10 x86

I'm using latest VMPlayer.
    Any hints?

MilesAhead, May 14, 2020
  4. Zafatta Win User

Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor?

1. Taskbar double the normal height after adding 4k tv as monitor? - Similar Threads - Taskbar double normal

2. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  3. Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somehow, my Taskbar doubled in height. How to I reset it?: See the attached image. I have not done any changes and this just appeared. The image spans both of my desktops. I would like to reset the taskbar height on the right desktop down to it's original size....
  4. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor: Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the system icons are corrupt/overlaid, then they seem to shift off screen. I have done a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers...
  5. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  6. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  7. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  8. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  9. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot: As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated. It's English...
  10. Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Pointer lag on 2nd monitor after replacing with 4k TV: I am running an hp 15ba079dx laptop. I've maxed out the ram at 16gb, and just a few days ago I replaced the 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I also connect the laptop to my TV via HDMI all the time to watch Netflix mostly. I recently replaced my HDTV with a 4k UHDTV. Ever since I did...