Windows 10: Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file

Discus and support Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Three weeks ago, my taskbar icons disappeared. After trying many suggestions I've found on forums, I decided to reinstall windows 10 using the iso file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pete27540, May 23, 2017.

1. Pete27540 Win User

Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file

Three weeks ago, my taskbar icons disappeared. After trying many suggestions I've found on forums, I decided to reinstall windows 10 using the iso file and keeping my programs and apps. When that finished loading, my taskbar was once again populated with icons. Life was good again. Then, this morning they were gone again. I really miss those guys.If any of you have another suggestion, I'd be happy to hear it. This might help with your diagnosing the problem. I can bring up my icons by hitting start, then right clicking on any of the programs normally on my taskbar, then "unpin from taskbar". With that, they all show up. I just need to pin the one I just unpinned and I'm back to normal.I'd like to not have to do this every morning.Thanks very much for your interest. I look forward to hearing a solution.

Pete

:)

Pete27540, May 23, 2017

2. windows 10 upgrade to u hv to buy after 7/29 nomatter what u do?

if i use the media creation tool to create an iso on dvd can i still use that after 7/29/16 or do i hv to buy windows 10 after 7/29/16 even after the iso is created. and if i manage to install windows then create a iso backup of windows 10 would i be able
    to use that to reinstall windows 10 after 7/29/16 without hving to buy it?, or do i hv to buy win 10 if after 7/29/16 something goes wrong n for some reason i hv to reinstall win 7 from softboot will i be stuck with windows 7 or wil i still be able to reinstall
    win 10 from the iso system backup or update tool?

also would it be possible to create a dual boot cd with both windows 10 system backup and the windows 10 iso file that will be burnt to it so i can either choose to reinstall from system backup or install from the iso from media creation tool (so i dont
    hv to use 2 cd's with the seperate iso's burnt to them)

i hv win 7 home

MatthewGood, May 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mail App shows 9999 unread emails in Inbox

Since installing the Anniversary Update my Windows Mail Tile shows 9999 unread emails even when the Inbox is empty. The Taskbar icon similarly shows 99 unread emails. I've tried deleting and reinstalling my email account but it's just the same. The App
    now seems baked into Windows 10 and there is no uninstall option otherwise I'd try to uninstall and re-install from the Store.

Andrew_852, May 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please try creating a new user account for test purposes and see if it behaves in the same way or not.

This may help to distinguish between something specific to your user account and its settings, installed programs etc and Windows corruption.

Then, using your normal account, please boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem is present then.

Thanks.

dalchina, May 23, 2017
  5. Pete27540 Win User
    Thank you for your response. I'll try both and keep you posted.
    Pete

Pete27540, May 23, 2017
  6. Pete27540 Win User
    The taskbar worked fine for both the new user and me in the safe mode.
    Pete

Pete27540, May 23, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, May 23, 2017
  8. Pete27540 Win User

That makes sense. Thanks very much for your help.
    Pete

Pete27540, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file - Similar Threads - Taskbar empty reinstalled

2. Windows 11 taskbar not working properly. Even after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar not working properly. Even after reinstalling Windows.: Hello Microsoft Community,I like the Title says my Windows taskbar is not responding after clicking on it. I restarted my Explorer with Control + alt + delete, to open the Taskmanager which helped. But what I have noticed if I press Control + alt + delete and click on cancel...
  3. Windows 11 taskbar not working properly. Even after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar not working properly. Even after reinstalling Windows.: Hello Microsoft Community,I like the Title says my Windows taskbar is not responding after clicking on it. I restarted my Explorer with Control + alt + delete, to open the Taskmanager which helped. But what I have noticed if I press Control + alt + delete and click on cancel...
  4. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  5. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  6. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10: So this issue started the other day after I had a windows update stop in a middle of a percentage and then after many hours I turned off the computer. Tried doing the update again. Then after that update windows gave me a black screen, only thing working was ctrl alt del....
  8. Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall: So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately... After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years, things have gotten worse mid-2020. This I concluded with the fact that the machine has been running this install for years, so...
  9. Files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory even after emptying it

in Windows 10 Support
    Files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory even after emptying it: While defragging my 1TB HDD, something caught my eye in the files list: [img] There are some (big) files left in the $RECYCLE.BIN directory, even if I've emptied it. I tried running the disk cleaning utility, but it lists nothing to be cleaned. This PC was formatted at...
  10. Windows 10- all windows.old files show as empty after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- all windows.old files show as empty after reinstall: Hello, I had to reinstall Windows 10 and thus it moved my old files like documents and pictures to the . old windows directory. now when I try to open them (or move them) they show up as empty/blank. All files are there, and all files show the right size etc. They just...