Windows 10: Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

Discus and support Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so one thing i can't seem to solve is that right clicking on explorer or most other applications (i think) is slow on windows 10. I have used this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zerowalker, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

Hi,

so one thing i can't seem to solve is that right clicking on explorer or most other applications (i think) is slow on windows 10.
    I have used this before: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog
    And this solves that completely, it's instant.
    Problem is, some applications doesn't work, like Visual Studio Code i simply don't get any context menu last i tried at least.

I think the problem lies in it's generation of pinned items and jump lists, so it have to wait for information before creating the actual menu.
    Cause i think it got sped up quite a bit in other programs if i deactivated the jump list somewhere in settings.
    However explorer is always slow cause of the pinned items (i think).

It's really frustrating and i have decided to ask here in hope that someone knows something,
    cause i can't find a solution. Hopefully it's just me missing something obvious.

ThanksTaskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer) :)!

:)

zerowalker, Jun 12, 2019

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Taskbar file explorer slow

yeah, in safe mode seems to be ok. It seems some problem with nvidia graphic card. I found a workaround, problem is gone if you disable contextual menu nvidia options.

Go to nVidia Control (right click on desktop -> nvidia control panel). Then in menu bar choose Desktop and UNSELECT "Add Desktop Context Menu" and "Add run with Graphics Processor". After this, even without reboot, problem seems to be gone and file
    explorer is way faster from taskbar...

Source: File Explorer Slow To Open From Taskbar

J.DomingoG.T., Jun 12, 2019
  4. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

Taskbar file explorer slow

In safe mode seems to be ok. It seems some problem with nvidia graphic card. I found a workaround, problem is gone if you disable contextual menu nvidia options.

Go to nVidia Control (right click on desktop -> nvidia control panel). Then in menu bar choose Desktop and UNSELECT "Add Desktop Context Menu" and "Add run with Graphics Processor". After this, even without reboot, problem seems to be gone and file
    explorer is way faster from taskbar...

Source: File Explorer Slow To Open From Taskbar

AlaricFernandes, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

1. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer) - Similar Threads - Taskbar Explorer right

2. How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu: Hello guys,.I am currently using windows 11 at home. I have 7Zip installed and use it very often.On old windows 10 using a right click at windows explorer I could see the 7Zip menu. On windows 11 it shows a new context menu but does not offer the 7Zip,So, I would like to...
  3. How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore old context windows explorer right click menu: Hello guys,.I am currently using windows 11 at home. I have 7Zip installed and use it very often.On old windows 10 using a right click at windows explorer I could see the 7Zip menu. On windows 11 it shows a new context menu but does not offer the 7Zip,So, I would like to...
  4. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  5. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  6. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click: Good evening, After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is not being highlighted on my external monitors It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that...
  7. Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu

Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu: About a week ago after i updated windows 10 for the first time in a while i've noticed that occasionally when i right click pictures, documents, etc. in windows explorer to open the context menu, explorer will freeze and ill have the blue spinny loading cursor for like 30...
  8. Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar

Right click context menu of Windows 10 is excrutiatingly slow in taskbar: Hello, Running Windows 10, latest update (08.08.) and latest drivers on an Asus Zenbook 14 (i5 CPU). I recently had to restore Windows, ever since then the context menu of some applications is extremely slow. When I right click on apps on the taskbar, they usually open the...
  9. Right click -> New context menu extremely laggy or crashes explorer.

Right click -> New context menu extremely laggy or crashes explorer.: My windows 10 build with 1809 17763.437 is having some issues. If I right click and try to go to "new" it often crashes explorer, and when it doesn't it is extremely laggy. It is almost always crashing explorer. I have attempted updating to newest OS builds,...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 slow right-click explorer taskbar

2. windows taskbar right-click menu running