Windows 10: Taskbar failure and some apps failure

Discus and support Taskbar failure and some apps failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop in january 2019. Before now it has worked 99% fine. (I say 99% as the only issue experienced before was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I'd rather not sayLess, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Taskbar failure and some apps failure

I bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop in january 2019. Before now it has worked 99% fine.

(I say 99% as the only issue experienced before was a Task Host Window, Task Host is preventing the laptop from shutting down. Where i have to click ‘shut down anyway’)

The problems i am having which only occurred today:

1) on startup, the taskbar is unresponsive and sometimes the applications that were locked to the taskbar do not appear. Similarly the small icons on the right end of the taskbar do not appear and the date/time is frozen.

2) trying to open microsoft edge icon and blizzard application on the desktop do not work. Strangely steam does work and so does file explorer.

I have tried various methods of rebooting windows explorer in the task manager and Scanning for corrupted files and fixing files through sfc /scannow in the command prompt. These have not been successful.

Im hoping to get this fixed before tomorrow as i have to join a ship and be away from land for 28 days.

Thank you for any and all help.

:)

I'd rather not sayLess, Mar 17, 2019

2. CCleaner Install Failure

Any suggestions to help me with this one?

Taskbar failure and some apps failure [​IMG]

Wiley Coyote, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Mike-Th Win User
    Windows Update failure with error 0x80070002

Thanks Jessen,

I have tried all the steps suggested to no avail as I have been browsing all similar failures and tried the suggested solutions. The Windows Update service appears to work ok as all other updates are ok.

It may help if I someone could explain the meaning of the failure message.

When I tried the USB method it failed in a similar way suggesting that there was something wrong with the Windows Product Key. It may help that at sometime in the past the system was restored after a failure. On some forums I have seen comments that if the
    key is not perfect then the upgrade will not work.

Mike

Mike-Th, Mar 17, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Taskbar failure and some apps failure

SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar failure and some apps failure

1. Taskbar failure and some apps failure - Similar Threads - Taskbar failure apps

2. Failure of installation of some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure of installation of some apps: I tried downloading WhatsApp and some other apps on my PC but it's not working out. What should I do to make these apps to be installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-of-installation-of-some-apps/df2c4c3c-cf03-4db7-bcb4-7f022ac7b125
  3. Failure of installation of some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure of installation of some apps: I tried downloading WhatsApp and some other apps on my PC but it's not working out. What should I do to make these apps to be installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failure-of-installation-of-some-apps/df2c4c3c-cf03-4db7-bcb4-7f022ac7b125
  4. System failure, some questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failure, some questions: Hi all,I am in the middle of a dogfight with a manufacturer for a failure of a new pc: in brief, after 3 months a new pc failed and I was not able to boot. Actually I was able to do many things like look at BIOS, use a recovery tool to remove the last updates, even to install...
  5. System failure, some questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System failure, some questions: Hi all,I am in the middle of a dogfight with a manufacturer for a failure of a new pc: in brief, after 3 months a new pc failed and I was not able to boot. Actually I was able to do many things like look at BIOS, use a recovery tool to remove the last updates, even to install...
  6. System failure, some questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Failure of desktop and taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failure of desktop and taskbar icons: Non of my desktop or taskbar icons respond to start up programs as the used to do. I have to left click on the white cross in the bottom left corner of the screen to open up a list, and then select the program as I want.Can anyone tell me how to correct this please....
  8. Failure to restart the taskbar

Failure to restart the taskbar: After major updates, or when I turn off the computer and then restart, the task bar will not activate. If I hover the mouse over the taskbar I get the new hourglass. If I then press the mouse buttons continuously, left then center then right then right then center then left...
  9. App failure

App failure: Hi, I have the latest version of Supportassist in Windows 10. Lately it only opens the blue screen which immediately disappears. I tries to uninstall and reinstall, but that did not work either. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar failure: I upgraded from W 8.1 to W10 yesterday. Several features do not work. Right click on any items on the Taskbar does not function, with the exception of the Start key. Consequently I am unable to pin/unpin any item or view items previously pinned to Taskbar buttons. I cannot...