Windows 10: Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

Discus and support Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplemtn, Aug 2, 2015.

1. purplemtn Win User

Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

The Problem.
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same.

Did this = File Explorer - Open to 'This PC' or 'Quick access' - Windows 10 Forums > No Help , But good/helpful post . I made the change.

Under Folder Option > I have Open each Folder in it own window

Not this ='Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer ...
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer - Windows 10 Forums

Looked under FAQs > File Explorer> File Explorer Right Click = Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Looked under Search > File Explorer> File Explorer Right Click , about 7 pages back did Not find a answer.

My PC
    LENOVO 10181 Lenovo K450e Desk Top PC
    Windows 10
    3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790
    32702 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    1972.20 GB Hard Drive or 2 TB >1877.27 GB free
    Firefox V39

Any Ideas or Help

Thanks

:)

purplemtn, Aug 2, 2015

2. what about 5610 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i want to buy this phone any one know any thing about it

help me

darkfury2010, Aug 2, 2015
  3. what about 5610 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i think the s40 is a problem

what are ur opinion

darkfury2010, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

Same here, Windows 10 Pro x64. Clean install. Any ideas on this one?

dkopsieker, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Simca Win User
    Registered to say I have the same problem and to give as much detail as possible.

In case anyone has a problem understanding the OP's description of the issue, it's fairly simple:
    • Right-click on File Explorer icon on Taskbar.
    • Left-click any location under 'Pinned' or 'Recent'.
    • The menu closes as it should, but no Explorer window opens at all.

Notes:
    • The only option under the File Explorer taskbar icon that works is the option called 'File Explorer', which just brings you to Quick Access.
    • Instead of left-clicking on a location under 'Pinned' or 'Recent', you can also right-click and select 'Open'. However, this ALSO does not work.
    • All functionality besides opening Explorer windows works, including right-clicking a location and selecting 'Properties'. (Given that the whole point is to open Explorer windows though, this seriously damages the usefulness of it.)
    • Unpinning File Explorer from the Taskbar and then repinning it does not help.
    • I've even tried unpinning File Explorer from the Taskbar, deleting it from C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Taskbar\, restarting the computer, and pinning a new window. The problem persists.
    • ALL other taskbar icons' menus work fine, including ones that did not work properly for me on Windows 8.1 (Skype's menu options wouldn't work for me on 8.1 and they work fine on 10).

Simca, Aug 9, 2015
  6. [youtube]97y2FOU774A[/youtube]

here is my problem *Sad what to do ?

m1s3rys1gn4l, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Simca Win User
    That is probably a different issue. The one mentioned in this thread only affects one taskbar entry.

Simca, Aug 9, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

Does it happen on all user accounts, and does it do it on new accounts?

9. Simca Win User
    Sorry for the late reply. This is usually a single-account computer, as nobody uses it but me.

For the sake of testing, I went ahead and made a new account ("Test"), and the bug does -not- occur on the new account.

Still would obviously rather fix the existing account's problem if at all possible, and hopefully this information helps narrow down the issue.

Simca, Aug 16, 2015
  10. ziopaper Win User
    Identical thing is happening to me, but without creating a 2nd user account, logging out and back in makes it work. Until next reboot

ziopaper, Aug 22, 2015
  11. marko Win User
    Found a solution to the problem on another website. I had to uninstall WinCDemu. This is some dvd emulation software. It solved the problem immediately after uninstalling. No reboot required.

Here is the link to the site where I found the solution: Cant open new File Explorer windows by right click on Windows 10 - Super User

marko, Aug 30, 2015
  12. ziopaper Win User
    I also found it yesterday! in my case it was Cubby (real time sync software)

In my case no need to uninstall. I just exit Cubby and explorer right click works as supposed to

ziopaper, Sep 1, 2015
  13. nevadl Win User

I have signed up just to post my answer, in case it is helpful to others.

In my case it was QuickSFV 2.3.6 x64 .

I was able to track it down by trial and error using Nirsoft ShellExView (ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows)
    Basically, focus on the non-Microsoft items (highlighted in red, I believe). You need to disable item(s), then kill off any explorer.exe instances, restart explorer.exe , and try to see if the problem goes away.

nevadl, Sep 5, 2015
  14. purplemtn Win User
    Sorry due to medical problems I was unable to reply in a timely manner

Thank You for your input and help

purplemtn, Oct 2, 2015
  15. purplemtn Win User
    Sorry due to medical problems I was unable to reply in a timely manner

Thank You for your input and help

purplemtn, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any - Similar Threads - Taskbar File Explorer

2. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer: The issue is when I right click on any files any type like excel/doc/pdf/txt…. windows explorer is resetting and the options menu is not popping up. Same right click is working fine for folders....
  3. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer: The issue is when I right click on any files any type like excel/doc/pdf/txt…. windows explorer is resetting and the options menu is not popping up. Same right click is working fine for folders....
  4. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders

Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders: I recently upgraded from a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 pro build 10.0.19042. I notice that that the newer computer running Windows 10 does not display recent folders when I right click on a file folder icon Windows Explorer Icon pinned to the taskbar. I have tried...
  6. File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.: Whenever I try to open a photo or video in file explorer it doesn't work and it doesn't give me an error. It just keeps loading and then I can't click anything in file explorer since its loading and I have to close it. All the file explorer fixes I can find online are just...
  7. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  8. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  9. Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar

Problem with right clicking on file explorer in the taskbar: Hello. I am having a weird problem. Sometimes when I right click on the file explorer icon in the taskbar nothing happens when other times I get the usual quick menu. It seems to be about a 75/25 split. I haven't changed anything and it only happens with file explorer....
  10. Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking File Explorer windows in Taskbar: I'm not sure what caused this problem but it seemed to appear somewhat suddenly a few weeks back or so. Whenever I right-click a file explorer window (i.e. This PC, Downloads etc.) on the taskbar, I no longer get the option to Close window. The only things that appear when...