Windows 10: Taskbar flashing after boot

Discus and support Taskbar flashing after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc lately has been really weird after boot, it shows a black screen and the taskbar starts flashing, and after 5 or 10 minutes everything goes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SantiCar2, Feb 20, 2021.

1. SantiCar2 Win User

Taskbar flashing after boot

My pc lately has been really weird after boot, it shows a black screen and the taskbar starts flashing, and after 5 or 10 minutes everything goes back to normal, I already reinstalled windows keeping files and apps and the problem persists. I saw this pattern happening in the event log:

*Sorry I was unable to upload the picture directly to the post...

Event pattern

And this are the detailed info of each event:

WindowsErrorReporting

Winlogon

Application Error

I tried everything I saw online, the problem happens when I perform a clean boot, but it doesn't happen when I boot in safe mode, I updated my graphics drivers, I ever read about maybe disabling "Show recently opened items in jump lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access" and it did nothing and as of now I don't know what else to do.

*Moved from Spanish forum*

:)

SantiCar2, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Homer712 Win User

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

Over on Techspot they have posted Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

In the "how to use this software" section there was this (its the "Copy/Run" at the very bottom that I'm concerned about):

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems. Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.

Exit all browsers and other programs that use Flash

The uninstaller does not work if any programs that use Flash are running on your computer.

• Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close. This example shows a browser in the taskbar:
    • Look at the icons in the system tray for programs that run in the background. Examples include AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash (any file with a name that ends in .swf). If you see such an icon, right-click the icon and click Exit, as shown in this example:
    Run the uninstaller

• Double-click the icon of the uninstaller that downloaded to your computer.
    • Follow the prompts. If you see the message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?," click Yes.
    • Delete Flash Player files and folders.
      • Click Start > Run.
      • Copy and paste the following and click OK.
      • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
      • Delete all the files in this folder.
      • Follow step 1 to step 3 for the following:
        • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
        • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
        • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Homer712, Feb 20, 2021
  3. bngchucky Win User
    5870 Not Flashing

I had the exact same error and this is how i fixed it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have been suffering messages such as 'Adapter not Found' , 'ERROR 0FL01' , 'Invalid Adapter or BIOS Selected' when trying to flash or reflash your Video cards Bios and you are lucky enough to own a PC capable of running more than one PCI-E Video card then this could just be the Guide you've been looking for.

--------------
    Required Files
    --------------
    *HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reg_R1002_USEN
    --------------
    *USB Boot Files
    http://www.4shared.com/file/43544416...FILES.html?s=1
    --------------
    *ATIFlash
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...sh 3.79.html
    --------------
    *Your Video Cards Bios
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/i...ace=&memSize=0

------
    Part 1
    ------
    Step 1 Create USB Boot Drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Step 2 Copy all the USB Boot files to the USB Boot Drive (do not overwrite files when prompted)

Step 3 Copy ATIFlash files USB Boot Drive

Step 4 Copy new BIOS file to USB BOOT Drive (name it something like bios.bin as you will be using this name in a DOS Prompt later on)
    ------
    Part 2
    ------
    Step 1 Boot into 'Safe Mode' (by pressing f8 before booting into Windows)

Step 2 Uninstall ATI Drivers and Associated Software then Reboot
    \
    Step 3 Go to Device Manager 'Display Adapters' and Uninstall (including Software when prompted)

Step 4 SHUT DOWN your PC (DO NOT REBOOT, if you should so happen to Reboot repeat Step 3 above)
    ------
    Part 3
    ------
    Step 1 Remove your Video Card from the top PCI-E slot and place it in a different PCI-E slot (this is the step that sets this Guide apart from all the others)

Step 2 Reboot into your Mobo's Bios

Step 3 Once in your Mobo's Bios change the first Boot Device to USB-HDD (or your Equivalent setting) then Reboot

Step 4 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -ai 0 ,this will provide you with proof that your Video Card does infact exist

Step 5 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -unlockrom 0 , i suggest you do this because some Bios files are infact locked and can't be flashed until unlocked

Step 6 At the C:\ Prompt type, atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom , this is when your Bios is actually flashed

Step 7 Once your Bios has been flashed simply 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete' to restart your PC

Step 8 Go straight back into your Mobo's Bios and change your first Boot Device back to what it was (probably HDD) then Reboot for the final time and your finished
    ------

bngchucky, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar flashing after boot - Similar Threads - Taskbar flashing boot

2. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  3. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  4. taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar flashing: My taskbar has been flashing for 2 days. Had tried running sfc/scannow, cleaned up temporary files, checked the driver update, uninstall it but none worked. Tried dism.exe, not working too. I wonder what's the problem :...
  5. Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.: It also made my bootup longer even when Im on an ssd. I don't really know how to fix this. Here's the vid in action. I zoomed in on the middle and you can still see my login splash is still slightly visible. Everything works fine after the flashing though. It only started...
  6. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  7. Taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  8. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  9. Disable Taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Taskbar flashing: Hi TenForums, How can I completely disable the yellow flashing of icons in the TaskBar when an app wants my attention? [img] 67500
  10. Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade: I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When this happens I can not do anything. When it stops, I can not use the start button. I do not know what to do. *Sad 10876