Windows 10: Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

Discus and support Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wp41, Dec 3, 2023.

1. wp41 Win User

Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background to solid color the taskbar will start to flicker when you open and close or minimize application windows. This also happens if a sofware like wallpaper engine is running. I know it's not my hardware. I literally rebuilt my entire PC minus the power supply and case the power supply was tested and came back good.

:)

wp41, Dec 3, 2023

2. Unable to un-install GeForce Experience

I currently have a Windows 10 laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 970M gpu installed.

I am trying to uninstall the GeForce experience but cannot. I followed the directions in a similar post that stated to do the following:

As you are unable to un-install GeForce Experience software, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptors.
    • Right click on NVidia display card drivers and select Un-install.
    • Note: After selecting un-install you will get the message dialog box – Confirm Device un-install. Make sure you put a check mark that says Delete the driver software for this device
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the computer, computer will load generic display drivers.
    • Now go to Programs and features and check if GeForce Experience is listed under installed programs. If GeForce Experience is still listed, select it and click on Un-install and check
    I am still unable to uninstall the program and am currently trying to reinstall an updated driver.

What else can I do to remove the "experience" program?

Thank you

Daniel Toste, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Eaglepi Win User
    I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

First of all my system is a desktop, I was all of a sudden a month or 2 ago started to see the desktop and taskbar icons look as if they were refreshing, I called it flickering. If you want to know about my issues you can read the whole thread but I found this YouTube video about desktop & taskbar icons flashing.

I checked what this guy says and my setting was on Tablet also I guess that is the default for Win 10. I did the same thing that he says he did and I am no longer seeing any flickering or flashing of any of my desktop or taskbar icons. It seems the reason it all of a sudden started to happen was that the issue is caused by a recent Windows 10 update, I hope if any of you are having the same problem this helps you as it did me.

Here is the YouTube link

Eaglepi, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

GeForce Experience 3.0 Released: Rebuilt from the ground up

I think your supposed to use the in-game overlay accessed through Alt+Z.
    http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/share

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq

Tenforo, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed - Similar Threads - Taskbar flicker geforce

2. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed: I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background...
  3. Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay not working on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay not working on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Normally, on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming computer, pressing the Alt+Z key combo will bring up your NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay. Some PC users are reporting the issue of NVIDIA GeForce overlay not working on games on their gaming device. In this post, we...
  4. TASKBAR FLICKERING FLASHING AND REFRESHING.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASKBAR FLICKERING FLASHING AND REFRESHING.: PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME OUT. I AM FACING A PRBLM FROM YESTERDAY THAT MY TASKBAR IS REFRESHING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND IF I CLICK ON THE SHOW HIDDEN ICON ARROW THEN THEY ARE OVERLAPPING LIKE THESE IN THE PICTURE. I HAVE INSTALLLED THE UPDATE AFTER THAT IT WAS HAPPENING. I HAVE...
  5. Launching Win10's Snip & Sketch opens the Geforce Experience overlay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Launching Win10's Snip & Sketch opens the Geforce Experience overlay: [ATTACH] Whenever I open it to take a screenshot of something I see this and GE also displays the fps counter like in games. https://preview.redd.it/9m2ywshrywq61.png?width=484&format=png&auto=webp&s=41f779d0c78f0da5b3250e52817e954e1ebe9173 Same happens with some other...
  6. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  7. geforce experience

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    geforce experience: when I open up GeForce it tells me to reset it idk how to reset it. i reset my pc, unplugged it, uninstalled geforce and reinstalled im new to pc some advice would be help full...
  8. GeForce Experience Not Working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GeForce Experience Not Working: I've had my PC for only a short while, and occasionally I have alerts from Nvidia saying that there are new drivers available, but when I click on it to install them it comes up with a message saying "Something went wrong, try restarting Ge Force Experience", does anyone know...
  9. Geforce Experiance updates.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Geforce Experiance updates.: I frequently get invitations from Nvidia's Geforce Experience to download the latest drivers, today they are at 373.06. The never start downloading. In my case, using a low end card to run my AOC Q2770P and not needing the latest drivers for gaming means that I don't mind...
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757