Windows 10: Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

Discus and support Taskbar flickering and black screen after login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After attempting to restart my PC last night, each time I start it up I am taken to login, but once I login i get a black screen and see the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SyzbuH, Aug 16, 2020.

1. SyzbuH Win User

Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

After attempting to restart my PC last night, each time I start it up I am taken to login, but once I login i get a black screen and see the taskbar constantly flickering. I have seen others with this problem online, but when I attempt to safeboot I never see the menu to do so, keyboard, mouse, and pc lights all turn on but no signal on display. and I cannot do a clean boot of all applications because I have the same issue, everything on except a display. Even after I reach the flickering I can do sign out and everything appears normal again, until I eventually log in and the flickering starts. Looking for any suggestions for a fix for this, can’t seem to get anywhere.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Intel i5-7400

8GB DDR4-2133 SDRam

:)

SyzbuH, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Flickering and Black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing at the Windows login screen.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message/code while login to the PC?

Meanwhile, we would recommend you to follow the suggestion from this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

Taskbar flickering and black screen in Safe Mode

Hi, i accidentally deleted all my user profiles and now i cant login to my laptop. Says "user profile cannot be loaded". So i decided to open in safe mode and when i do i can login but its a black screen with a flickering taskbar and i cant click anything

I have windows 10

SubhanHafeez, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar flickering and black screen after login

1. Taskbar flickering and black screen after login - Similar Threads - Taskbar flickering black

2. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  3. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  4. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar: I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the login screen as usual. I log in and get a black screen occasionally with the desktop background flashing up, with the taskbar...
  6. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar: I have Windows 10 home edition. The computer has been running fine for a year and a half, after a clean install of Windows 10 not OEM.Now, I get the login screen as usual. I log in and get a black screen occasionally with the desktop background flashing up, with the taskbar...
  7. Windows 10 stuck after login with black screen and flickering taskbar

8. Blinking taskbar with black screen after login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking taskbar with black screen after login: I have lately been dealing with the problem of blinking task bar with a black screen for a month now and need some help. It starts to happen right after I login and takes a rough estimate of 5 minute to go back to normal, I followed the steps of this post...
  9. BLACK SCREEN WITH FLICKERING TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BLACK SCREEN WITH FLICKERING TASKBAR: As you have read the subject........ my PC is stuck in a black screen with a flickering taskbar. I have tried opening task manager using several methods but it would not open. I have tried to uninstall previous updates but still it did not work. When i try to keep it in...
  10. Taskbar flickering and black screen in Safe Mode

Taskbar flickering and black screen in Safe Mode: Hi, i accidentally deleted all my user profiles and now i cant login to my laptop. Says "user profile cannot be loaded". So i decided to open in safe mode and when i do i can login but its a black screen with a flickering taskbar and i cant click anything I have windows 10...