Windows 10: Taskbar flickering when clicking in games

Discus and support Taskbar flickering when clicking in games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all, the taskbar (and sometimes other non-minimised windows) flicker in when I click. Doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rishech, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Taskbar flickering when clicking in games

Title says it all, the taskbar (and sometimes other non-minimised windows) flicker in when I click. Doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be annoying. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Rishech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rishech, Feb 18, 2021

2. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Taskbar Icons Flickering

Hello,

The issue you're experiencing with the taskbar flickering on Windows 10 Enterprise might be due to a hardware misconfiguration or a sync issue with the server. That being said, we'll need additional information to properly address your concern. Please answer
    the following:

• Are you using a domain?
    • Is your PC connected to a Windows Server PC?

This information is essential in order to provide the correct troubleshooting steps or if we need to direct your query over to the IT Pro audience of the
    TechNet forums.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Taskbar flickering when clicking in games

Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Hi Hritik Kandari,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of the motherboard?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. What is the name of the game in which you are facing issues with flickering?
    4. Are you facing the flickering issue while normally using Windows?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the flickering persists.

Method 1:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on the
      desktop
      > Click on Display settings > Click on
      Advanced display settings
      > Click on Display adapter properties
      for Display.
    2. Go to the Monitor tab and click on the drop-down list under
      Screen refresh rate and select 60 Hertz.
    3. Click on Apply > OK.
    4. Then, go back to the Adapter tab and click on
      List All Modes > Select a display mode you want that has the screen resolution and
      screen refresh rate.
    5. Click on Apply > OK >
      Restart the computer once
      and check if the screen flickering issue persists.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10
    and check if the issue persists.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar flickering when clicking in games

1. Taskbar flickering when clicking in games - Similar Threads - Taskbar flickering clicking

2. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  3. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  4. Taskbar Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Flickering: User is experiencing flickering on the taskbar. Things I have tried to fix the issue:https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/taskbar-flickering/https://www.repairwin.com/fix-windows-10-search-crashes-exlplorer-restarts/Ran Lenovo updatesRan Windows updatesRolled back...
  5. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click: So, I just reinstalled windows due to a bad proc. Everything is completely fine with the sole exception that I cant see the taskbar preview windows for more than a split second.Yes, they are enabled, yes peek is enabled. I can see them for a split second when i hover my mouse...
  6. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click: So, I just reinstalled windows due to a bad proc. Everything is completely fine with the sole exception that I cant see the taskbar preview windows for more than a split second.Yes, they are enabled, yes peek is enabled. I can see them for a split second when i hover my mouse...
  7. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Flickering taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flickering taskbar: I thought I might have been able to blame this on the upgrade I did to Win 10 2004 recently but I recall seeing it in 1909 as well. Does anyone know what causes a flickering taskbar? Reinstalled the latest Nvidia driver but it doesn't seem related. I use an app called...
  9. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...
  10. Taskbar flickering when deleting files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar flickering when deleting files.: Basicly my Windows 10 taskbar refreshes most of the icons on the taskbar whenever i delete a file on my desktop, or empty my trash bin. If you have any ideas then please tell me as i currently have no clue whatsoever. Thanks in advance! 75384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diablo2 task bar flickering

2. taskbar flash when play game win 10.