Windows 10: Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it

Discus and support Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It recently started happening when I have dark colours close to the taskbar. I tried solving this problem by reinstalling display drivers, removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yishai Barr, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it

It recently started happening when I have dark colours close to the taskbar.

I tried solving this problem by reinstalling display drivers, removing the recent update, but those only solved it partially.

I don't know to tell if it's a software problem or if I should fix my only few month old laptop screen. I couldn't really find a solution to this problem, so I'm writing this down here.

Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it [​IMG]

:)

Yishai Barr, Apr 22, 2020
  2. john3650 Win User

Taskbar colour

Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out.
    If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.

john3650, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Taskbar changed colour involunarily

Dave. Thank you for this help. It worked just fine though I found changing the Windows Mode to Dark produced too dark a colour for some for my apps (Chrome for instance)

Your second suggestion allowed me to fine tune the colours for Windows Mode and App Mode

John Gunner, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it

Taskbar Icons Flickering

Hello,

The issue you're experiencing with the taskbar flickering on Windows 10 Enterprise might be due to a hardware misconfiguration or a sync issue with the server. That being said, we'll need additional information to properly address your concern. Please answer
    the following:

• Are you using a domain?
    • Is your PC connected to a Windows Server PC?

This information is essential in order to provide the correct troubleshooting steps or if we need to direct your query over to the IT Pro audience of the
    TechNet forums.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it

1. Taskbar Flickers when using dark window colours behind it - Similar Threads - Taskbar Flickers using

2. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  3. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  4. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  5. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  6. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  9. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is behind minimized windows: [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would...
  10. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495