Windows 10: Taskbar font color

Discus and support Taskbar font color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a black taskbar with dark gray fonts....so basically can't see anything at all... not real familiar with changing settings, how do I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fcs659, Sep 11, 2015.

1. fcs659 Win User

Taskbar font color

I have a black taskbar with dark gray fonts....so basically can't see anything at all... not real familiar with changing settings, how do I change this? Thanks.

:)

fcs659, Sep 11, 2015

2. Taskbar Clock font is black, unreadable

The taskbar color is black by default and the icon font color in the notification area (lower right) is white except for the clock which is black. I can change the color of the taskbar to make the black clock font appear, but the color choices are limited.
    Why is the clock font black and all the others white? Can Microsoft fix this simple problem?

Nantucketbob, Sep 11, 2015
  3. How do I change the taskbar font color?

I'm using a blue color for my taskbar that I like, and the font of taskbar programs is black, which is very hard to read. Ironically the font color for the clock (time and date) is white, and very easy to read.

Taskbar font color [​IMG]

Is there any way to use have a white font for the taskbar?

If it's not possible, then I'm fine using a third party program if it exists.

What I find really funny is that white font is used throughout windows, except the taskbar where it's black.

Nathan Maxtro, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Taskbar font color

Same problem here. Can't read anything from the taskbar!

I didn't have time to try AeroGlass yet... it xcould solve this problem. But why isn't it possible on W10???
    link

Fredledingue, Sep 15, 2015
  5. fhol Win User
    I had the same problem but only on a system that was upgraded from Windows 7. I did not have the problem with black font on taskbar on a fresh install of Windows 10. Tried exporting these keys from registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors

from the fresh install Win10 and then importing to the one with black taskbar font... but it did not work or change anything.

Then i created a new user in the upgraded system... and guess what - the taskbar font became white! So this made me think... maybe it is just keeping som stupid setting from my account created in the Windows 7 system that was then upgraded?

Logged back on to that account, right-click desktop -> personalize -> themes -> theme settings -> and applied the theme "Windows" under the "Windows default themes" section. That did the trick without having to create a new user! Taskbar font is now white and clearly visible. *Smile

6. Oniscoid Win User
    Thanks for that. I waste far too much time trying to do things on a trial and error basis, rather than looking up the solutions!

Oniscoid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar font color

1. Taskbar font color - Similar Threads - Taskbar font color

2. Font color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font color: Somehow, my desktop icon fonts changed from solid black to white outlined in black. Can someone please tell me how to maintain a light blue colored background with a solid black font under the icons. I've read the articles and tried all of the fixes, but none of them seem...
  3. font color

font color: how do i change text color from gray to black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/4238447a-7667-401d-9c65-c0fe15369ae3
  4. font color

font color: How can I make font color darker I can't see the light blue very well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/56ecabe7-246a-46bb-84df-3cdb60597e7c
  5. Font COLOR ??

Font COLOR ??: How do I change my font color?It is a light blue now and I would like it darker. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color/53176aa4-282e-459e-b7e7-73ceaaed4d86
  6. Fonts color

Fonts color: I am using a Dell laptop running windows 10. How do I change fonts color it is now something like a light blue and dim. I would like to change to a bold BLACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-color/7cdbe72c-3d0d-4b45-8903-a2cc1e1992d1
  7. Taskbar font colors

Taskbar font colors: I could barely see my time on the taskbar dark grey on black. the quick start icons were in white font and the date was in mid grey. I tried personalization and now it is all dark grey in black... I did that by changing the taskbar color. I can change my font type but not...
  8. Taskbar font color

Taskbar font color: With large icons on taskbar, there is white text, with small icons, there is black text, how do I get white text with small icons? I have tried all the themes, but none work. If using high contrast, the background of applications' window is the same color as the taskbar. 110368
  9. color of fonts

color of fonts: I do not like the blue fonts . I have tried many on line sites . I have been thru the computer and can not find any way to change the color . Any help please . 32959
  10. Font colors

in Windows 10 Support
    Font colors: If I click ctl-f a search box opens up. The text color is black and background color is white, (easy to read). But if I highlite the text or come back to it later, the text is white and the background is dark blue, (hard to read). How can I change background color....