Windows 10: Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

Discus and support Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I got this trouble... Using the previous version of Windows 10 (ver 2009) everything works fine. Every time I update to the latest version (20H2),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatiasGambini, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

Hi! I got this trouble... Using the previous version of Windows 10 (ver 2009) everything works fine. Every time I update to the latest version (20H2), either with the 2009 version from Windows Update, or doing a clean installation of Windows with the ISO downloaded from Microsoft's website, the taskbar freezes at Windows startup. ..

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 [​IMG]

I found 2 "solutions", but in both there is a problem, I detail them below ...
    1) Wait literally 5 minutes (having Windows on an NVMe this seems like an exaggeration, totally unfeasible). Waiting for this exact time ( 20 seconds) the problem ends and all applications load.
    2)Press the Windows key or click on the same bar, by doing this a sign appears in the lower left part of the screen where I can choose between "end process" or cancel. If I choose to cancel, it remains frozen until it reaches 5 minutes as I detailed in the previous point; but if I choose the option to terminate process, the taskbar starts working automatically. The problem with doing this is that the applications that have to start with the Windows boot do not open until I start them all manually (and there are quite a few).

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 [​IMG]

TRANSLATE: The application is not responding. If you wait, the program may respond again. End process / Cancel.

I leave a detail of all my hardware:
    -MOBO Aorus x570 Pro WiFi (rev 1.2).
    -Ryzen 5 5600x CPU.
    -RAM Aorus 4x8GB 3200MHz.
    -GPU GTX 1070 ROG Strix OC.
    -PSU EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze.
    -M.2 NVMe Patriot VPR100.
    -M.2 WD Green.
    -HDD WD Blue.
    -CASE Corsair 465x.

:)

MatiasGambini, Mar 13, 2021

2. Windows 20H2 Domain Join breaks Start Menu

Upon doing a recovery of a system to start with a clean slate, it now installs 20H2. All looks good. Start menu and taskbar look normal.

We then join it to our domain. Upon reboot, the start menu will not show the applications list. No option to expose it. Start menu settings shows "Show app list in start menu" greyed out. Trying to log out shows as the only option "Change Account Settings"
    Right clicking on taskbar, the task manager is greyed out. We checked the GPO for the start menu app list removal and it is listed as "not configured". Tried setting the local policy to different settings with no effect.

Read thru the event viewer and nothing jumped out as related.

All very strange. We are a hospital that has been running this AD schema for a number of years. It is based on Windows Server 2012 R2. We have over 250 systems with multiple levels of windows 10 Pro systems in production, with none of them showing these
    behaviors. At this point, 20H2 is unusable for us.

JohnWilliamsCCH, Mar 13, 2021
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Drew1903 Win User

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

Have New 20H2 Start (NOW)

The 20H2 Start Menu can be 'released' from within 20H1.

You will, still, do 20H2 via WU in October, BUT can have the new 20H2 Start Menu, now by doing the following:

1. Open up Notepad.
    2. Paste the following text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\0\2093230218]

"EnabledState"=dword:00000002

"EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000000

3. Save the file as 'Start Menu.reg'.
    4. Run the file.
    5. Reboot

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 53142dcc-6dd4-4afd-9221-e0a28bfdd328?upload=true.jpg

now and, still, OS Build 19041.508

Cheers,

Drew

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 101ca3b6-ebd9-4c80-b925-776d208b62eb?upload=true.jpg

Drew1903, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

1. Taskbar freeze at start 20H2 - Similar Threads - Taskbar freeze start

2. Taskbar Freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Freezing: Hi, so just now when I click on the settings app I have opened from Chrome my taskbar would freeze for up to about 10 seconds before switching to the correct app while the rest of my computer worked fine. I should also note clicking the start menu button would also do this....
  3. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  4. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

start menu and taskbar freezes everytime: After system restore my start menu and taskbar acting strange. It freezes everytime I open apps or click anything on the taskbar. It will show not responding. Any apps I tried it will show the same either windows apps or third party applications. I need help...
  5. start menu and taskbar freezes everytime

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. A freeze Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A freeze Taskbar: My taskbar sometimes freeze and unable to interact with. I was unable to open the "Start" section or doing anything else with the taskbar, also the icon of the mouse turned into loading icon when i point it. After i clicked the taskbar for a while, it started to work normally...
  7. A freeze Taskbar

A freeze Taskbar: My taskbar sometimes freeze and unable to interact with. I was unable to open the "Start" section or doing anything else with the taskbar, also the icon of the mouse turned into loading icon when i point it. After i clicked the taskbar for a while, it started to work normally...
  8. Taskbar freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezing: Hi Community,I just restarted my windows 10 pro laptop but since then my taskbar was resized and now I cannot fix it. As seen from the picture it is unlocked but no way to reduce the size. I will appreciate it if you could help me....
  9. Taskbar freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezing: Hi Community,I just restarted my windows 10 pro laptop but since then my taskbar was resized and now I cannot fix it. As seen from the picture it is unlocked but no way to reduce the size. I will appreciate it if you could help me....
  10. Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes: Hi Community, I have a problem with the Start menu taskbar. All System icons cannot be click and I cannot search using Windows search. Any advice? Regards....