Windows 10: Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

Discus and support Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertR.4, May 30, 2022.

1. RobertR.4 Win User

Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the programs in the taskbar it does not open and at this point Windows Explorer service crashes and restarts by itself thus the taskbar returns to function.I have traced back the problem and I found that on ALL computers affected the problem started right after two "Windows Update" drivers were installed: 1. HP

:)

RobertR.4, May 30, 2022
  2. Clay566 Win User

Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes

After I click on a few windows after a long time after startup, explorer stops responding. It detects a crash and restarts itself. When it completes, this shows:

Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might... [​IMG]

Only the main features of the taskbar show and no buttons work. When I hover over the taskbar the loading symbol shows like in the sketch (the arrow is the mouse).

(sorry for the bad picture, couldn't make a screenshot)

Clay566, May 30, 2022
  3. JaiChirio Win User
    Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

Hi

So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 (1909)

And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive.

I have tried every option i could think of,

- Restart Windows Explorer (failed)

- Repair using Powershell as an Admin (failed)

- Disable iGPU MultiMonitor (doesn't exist on my pc)

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

- Jai Chirio

JaiChirio, May 30, 2022
  4. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 30, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

1. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might... - Similar Threads - Taskbar freezes unresponsive

2. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  3. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  4. After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restarts only taskbar and explorer are unresponsive shutdown is not affected: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srshah27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vg3bff/after_restarts_only_taskbar_and_explorer_are/
  5. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  6. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  7. Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar/explorer unresponsive on first login: Hi, This is a bit of a strange one and I'm at a loss: I have a desktop PC running Windows 10 build 19042.662 with two local admin non-MS accounts, one for personal usage and one for work where I use OneDrive, Office 365 etc. This is not linked to any domains. Scenario:...
  8. Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing: Hi So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 1909 And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive. I have tried every option i could think of, - Restart Windows Explorer failed - Repair using Powershell as an Admin failed - Disable iGPU...
  9. Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.: I need help fixing this! I cant reformat my PC though. 101168
  10. Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes, attempts self-restart, freezes: After I click on a few windows after a long time after startup, explorer stops responding. It detects a crash and restarts itself. When it completes, this shows: [img] Only the main features of the taskbar show and no buttons work. When I hover over the taskbar the...