Windows 10: Taskbar frozen

Discus and support Taskbar frozen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zoranr64, Dec 4, 2016.

1. zoranr64 Win User

Taskbar frozen

Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must from Task Manager to restart Win Explorer. Why?

:)

zoranr64, Dec 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 taskbar won't do anything

Now that you've rolled back, is the taskbar still frozen? Does your mouse pointer show a circle "waiting/busy" indicator when you point at the taskbar?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 4, 2016
  3. Faut bien un compte Microdob_, Dec 4, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Taskbar frozen

Try a Clean Boot. If this works then add one startup item or service at a time till the taskbar starts freezing, then you will know what the problematic program is

spunk, Dec 5, 2016
  5. anticeon Win User
    i have the same problem and it has nothing to do with StratUp items.
    even the taskbar icon app not loaded

anticeon, Dec 5, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    A Clean Boot would remove non necessary Services, and Startup items, to troubleshoot the issue

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar frozen

1. Taskbar frozen - Similar Threads - Taskbar frozen

2. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  3. Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar frozen when waking from sleep: After some googling, I see this issue has existed for a number of years now, but yet to find an actual fix rather than a very limiting workaround.Issue:Lock the computer and wait for it to sleepWake the computerLogin, and you'll find the task bar is visible, but unresponsive....
  4. Windows Taskbar Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Taskbar Frozen: My Windows Taskbar is frozen, when i cant click anywhere, shortcuts like Windows + K dont work, i have tried some methods like Ctrl + Shift + Esc than do a lot of stuff... they worked, for like 3 minutes, than it freezes again...
  5. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  6. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  7. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work: Every 2 days or so, the taskbar would freeze. When that happens, I can't click on application icons in the taskbar, tab between applications using Alt + Tab, or open Task Mgr with Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Edge also stops loading websites every tab becomes a blank page. Basically,...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work: Every 2 days or so, the taskbar would freeze. When that happens, I can't click on application icons in the taskbar, tab between applications using Alt + Tab, or open Task Mgr with Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Edge also stops loading websites every tab becomes a blank page. Basically,...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen every few days, Task Manager doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization