Windows 10: Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

Discus and support Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jbrivers7 Win User

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu [​IMG]

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu [​IMG]

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018

2. Can't right-click on Control Panel in Taskbar or Start Menu

I want to resize the Control Panel icon in the Start Menu, but for some reason I can't right-click it, in the Taskbar or in the Start Menu. I've managed to get it into the Start Menu by right-clicking it from search, but I need to right-click it from the
    Start Menu to resize it. When I try to right-click it in the Start Menu, the menu just closes. Right-clicking it on the Taskbar (as well as dragging up with left click) simply does nothing. Restarting Windows Explorer via Task Manager does nothing either.

Boilerplate OS Info: Windows 10 Home (x64)

sealedinterface, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Start Menu tab is not in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

When I right-click on any blank space on my start menu, nothing comes up. I wanted to fix this so I right-clicked on my taskbar and went to "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". There is not "Start Menu" tab listed here.

I went online and found no answers for this issue. It seems that you SHOULD be able to right-click on your start menu to configure it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OliviaDavisYQ, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

1. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Taskbar GPO option

2. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  3. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth

in Windows 10 Support
    In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth: Hi, I have Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973). I am facing a up-to 3 problems for now. [img] 1- In start menu, icons are not there. They have disappeared. 2- In start menu and search, right clicking an app does not display "Run as Admin", and other options in...
  8. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  9. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  10. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove right click icon options gpo