Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

Discus and support Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jbrivers7 Win User

The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018
  2. sealedinterface Win User

Can't right-click on Control Panel in Taskbar or Start Menu

I want to resize the Control Panel icon in the Start Menu, but for some reason I can't right-click it, in the Taskbar or in the Start Menu. I've managed to get it into the Start Menu by right-clicking it from search, but I need to right-click it from the
    Start Menu to resize it. When I try to right-click it in the Start Menu, the menu just closes. Right-clicking it on the Taskbar (as well as dragging up with left click) simply does nothing. Restarting Windows Explorer via Task Manager does nothing either.

Boilerplate OS Info: Windows 10 Home (x64)

sealedinterface, Jun 9, 2018
  3. OliviaDavisYQ Win User
    Start Menu tab is not in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

When I right-click on any blank space on my start menu, nothing comes up. I wanted to fix this so I right-clicked on my taskbar and went to "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". There is not "Start Menu" tab listed here.

I went online and found no answers for this issue. It seems that you SHOULD be able to right-click on your start menu to configure it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OliviaDavisYQ, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Taskbar GPO option

1. Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons: Hi everyone! I have two instances of VMWare open with each running a different VM. VMWare 1 is almost never touched as it holds our PostgreSQL instance whose DB we access from inside VMWare 2. I don't combine my taskbar buttons and I'd like to move VMWare 1's taskbar...
  2. Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!: Hey all! I am just working on a little side project called Falcon10. This application automatically centers you taskbar icons in the middle! All pinned icons will be centered too like file explorer in the screenshots. Requirements Windows 10 x64 1803 .NET Framework 4.7.2...
  3. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar: I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05 When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with only Recycle Bin & Taskbar: [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 Update has its own bad luck. It has caused issues on a lot of Windows 10 PC to a measure which we haven’t seen before. One such issue is about keyboard layout, a blank screen with just [...] This post Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at blank screen with...
  5. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?: Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them. Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums No go...
  6. Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard

in Windows 10 Support
    Unstable Taskbar after demoting account to Standard: Hi all, In order to make my pc more secure I created a new Admin account, then I changed mine from Admin to Standard. However, now my Taskbar will crash and restart every time I click any of its icons, except for the Sound control. The Sticky note I have showing, crashes...
  7. GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPO for Taskbar modification doesn't apply: Trying to get my new image out the door for Windows 10 Pro x64 - 1703 and the last issue I'm having is the Taskbar customization. I followed the steps here: Configure Windows 10 taskbar (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs I exported the start menu configuration as described...