Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

Discus and support Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jbrivers7 Win User

The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu [​IMG]

Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu [​IMG]

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

jbrivers7, Jun 8, 2018
  2. sealedinterface Win User

Can't right-click on Control Panel in Taskbar or Start Menu

I want to resize the Control Panel icon in the Start Menu, but for some reason I can't right-click it, in the Taskbar or in the Start Menu. I've managed to get it into the Start Menu by right-clicking it from search, but I need to right-click it from the
    Start Menu to resize it. When I try to right-click it in the Start Menu, the menu just closes. Right-clicking it on the Taskbar (as well as dragging up with left click) simply does nothing. Restarting Windows Explorer via Task Manager does nothing either.

Boilerplate OS Info: Windows 10 Home (x64)

sealedinterface, Jun 8, 2018
  3. OliviaDavisYQ Win User
    Start Menu tab is not in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

When I right-click on any blank space on my start menu, nothing comes up. I wanted to fix this so I right-clicked on my taskbar and went to "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". There is not "Start Menu" tab listed here.

I went online and found no answers for this issue. It seems that you SHOULD be able to right-click on your start menu to configure it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OliviaDavisYQ, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Taskbar GPO option

2. Computer starts, without video.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer starts, without video.: The cabinet starts, the strangest thing is that there is no screen, no image: Try these sequence > clean fan> cooler> verify that the hard drive boots> replaced memories> replaced cmos battery> clean all peripherals > change vga cable> with another monitor> source replaced >...
  3. When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...: Hi. A few days ago I noticed something I've never seen before in my Windows 10 system: There are a few apps that start at startup that (a) I did not set to start up, (b) never started up before, and (c) do not appear in the list of "Startup" items within the Windows Task...
  4. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.: First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming....
  5. Battery Icon not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Icon not showing on taskbar: For some reason, the battery icon is not showing on my taskbar. It is on in the display settings, but it isn't showing. I have rebooted, and turned off and turned on my laptop. I also chose a random "Temas de Windows" because I do not know Spanish....
  6. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We all run multiple programs and apps, and it’s important that we be able to switch between them either by clicking on their Taskbar icons or using the usual shortcut Alt+Tab. However, at times, you find that neither of these methods [...] This post Cannot switch...
  7. Battery Icon not showing on Taskbar

Battery Icon not showing on Taskbar: For some reason, the battery icon wouldn't show on my taskbar. I have checked the display settings, but they are on. I have rebooted my PC many many times, but it would not show....
  8. Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Click here to enter your most recent credentials message in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If Windows 10 keeps asking you for your most recent password and you see a message – Click here to enter your most recent password or credential, Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again, this is what you [...] This post Click here to enter your most recent...
  9. Can I prevent application grouping on the task bar?

Can I prevent application grouping on the task bar?: Re, Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS build 17134.165. Multiple running instances of Notepad, to cite one example, are being grouped on the task bar -- they cannot be individually moved. This is very undesireable behavior. How can I "uncouple" the running instances so that...
  10. Windows 10 wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont start: Hi friends i have an issue that i dont know how to resolve. suddenly my computer stopped working. when i turn on my computer i get to the windows sign with black background and the circle start circling like its loading. After that my screen turns black and my screen shuts...