Windows 10: Taskbar grouping option broken?

Discus and support Taskbar grouping option broken? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ajny Varka, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Taskbar grouping option broken?

I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows stack into one little icon is ridiculously annoying to work like that!This must get fixed soon. The whole reason why I am not using Ubuntu or Mac is because I like my familiar GUI which I grew up with Since Windows 95.

:)

Ajny Varka, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Oct 5, 2022
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Taskbar grouping option broken?

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar grouping option broken?

1. Taskbar grouping option broken? - Similar Threads - Taskbar grouping option

2. Taskbar grouping option broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar grouping option broken?: I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows...
  3. Grouping Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grouping Broken: When viewing in Windows Explorer, my right pain by default is grouping by Date Modified. I change it to Sort By Name Group By None go to option, view and select apply to all folders and BOOM, reverts right back to grouping by Date Modified. Annoying as all hell. Evaluation...
  4. Grouping Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grouping Broken: When viewing in Windows Explorer, my right pain by default is grouping by Date Modified. I change it to Sort By Name Group By None go to option, view and select apply to all folders and BOOM, reverts right back to grouping by Date Modified. Annoying as all hell. Evaluation...
  5. Taskbar is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is broken: For a few days now my laptop's taskbar has been completely broken and the only thing that appears is the arrow pointing up. I've tried resetting Microsoft explorer to reset the taskbar but that hasn't helped. File explorer doesn't open anymore but I can still access my files...
  6. Taskbar is broken

Taskbar is broken: For a few days now my laptop's taskbar has been completely broken and the only thing that appears is the arrow pointing up. I've tried resetting Microsoft explorer to reset the taskbar but that hasn't helped. File explorer doesn't open anymore but I can still access my files...
  7. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  8. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  9. Taskbar broken

Taskbar broken: Okay, this all pretty much started today when I booted up my computer. I can't use the start button, the search bar, none of my applications show up on it, and the date and time are missing. I also can't click the "show desktop" button. I've tried killing explorer.exe and...
  10. Taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar broken: Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. Had my taskbar with my usual program icons. Now it has gone away and there is a black bar with just 8 white outline icons. Is there a way to enable the taskbar that will bring it back the way it should be? 10860