Windows 10: Taskbar growing in size Resolved

Discus and support Taskbar growing in size Resolved in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having this problem where my taskbar would continue to move upwards on my screen whenever I opened a new program. I had checked this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E.H.Cabats, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Taskbar growing in size Resolved

E.H.Cabats, Apr 24, 2020

2. Task Bar growing in size

I have the same issue...

I keep making the taskbar small and it keeps growing again. Is there any way to stop it?

Locking the task bar doesn't stop it changing size.

Jells00001, Apr 24, 2020
  3. T_721 Win User
    Windows 10 - taskbar growing in size after opening Steam game

Hi,

I've noticed an issue with my taskbar in Windows 10. When I open and close a Steam game, the taskbar doubles in height, i.e. from one pinned-program tile to two. When I right-click on the taskbar, I am told that it is locked, and I have to unlock the taskbar
    every time and shrink it back to the desired size.

Any ideas on how to prevent the taskbar from growing?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

T_721, Apr 24, 2020
  4. R. Grif Win User

Taskbar growing in size Resolved

Task Bar growing in size

I was having this same problem. Each time I logged in the taskbar was growing in size to the point it was covering almost 50% of the laptop screen! I couldn't find a way to reduce it and there was no way to "grab" the edge of the taksbar to drag it back
    down to the normal position.

I finally tried right clicking on the task bar which brought up a menu and I noticed the "Lock all taskbars" was checked. I unchecked and then was able to grab the edge of the taskbar and drag it back down to the normal position at the bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps!

R. Grif, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar growing in size Resolved

1. Taskbar growing in size Resolved - Similar Threads - Taskbar growing size

2. Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar size: I've had an ongoing issue for a few months. After playing a game and exiting to desktop, my taskbar is twice its size. double the height {across thee bottom}. The taskbar is locked and the resolution never changes. I unlock the bar, resize and lock the bar, play another game,...
  3. Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar size: When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not locked. How do I get it back to its original small height? Thank you. 139337
  4. Taskbar size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar size: When I started my laptop today, the taskbar is over an inch high. I have checked settings, and it is set to use small taskbar buttons. It is not locked. How do I get it back to its original small height? Thank you. 139337
  5. Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.: I started downloading the game yesterday, fell asleep, and woke up to find it bloating far beyond its original file size. I've restarted, reset, redownloaded, deleted cache, checked for updates, asked several live customer service agents, used the troubleshooting tool,...
  6. Notepad window size seems to grow with each use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size seems to grow with each use?: At first, i thought i had solved the problem with Brink's tutorial and bat file on how to reset Notepad default window sizes. This worked perfectly the first time i ran it. However, i noticed that each subsequent use of Notepad appears to increase the values so that after...
  7. Notepad window size seems to grow with each use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notepad window size seems to grow with each use?: At first, i thought i had solved the problem with Brink's tutorial and bat file on how to reset Notepad default window sizes. This worked perfectly the first time i ran it. However, i noticed that each subsequent use of Notepad appears to increase the values so that after...
  8. App download size keeps growing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App download size keeps growing: I wanted to re download Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but after the download reached the app's size, the app just keeps on downloading and the size of the app follows with it. As of right now, the app's size went from around 50 gb to 115 gb and I'm not sure what to do....
  9. Registry Backup File Size Is Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backup File Size Is Growing: I've backed up my registry twice recently, and I noticed a huge difference in the size of the backup file. Two days ago, the backup I created was 18,066 KB. The one I created this morning is 247,691 KB. Should I be concerned about this, and, if so, what can I do about it? 29317
  10. Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing: The space used on C:\ for Win 10 seems to be growing for no apparent reason. I started out with about 35 GB used and am now up to 50 GB used. I have added no software, but done all updates. The Windows folder size is 20.5 GB, just about what it always has been. I have a...