Windows 10: Taskbar hangs and restarts when clicked

Discus and support Taskbar hangs and restarts when clicked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 1904.331. At times, my taskbar hangs and then restarts when clicked. When the taskbar hangs, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenJK, Jul 10, 2020.

1. StevenJK Win User

Taskbar hangs and restarts when clicked

Hello. I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 1904.331. At times, my taskbar hangs and then restarts when clicked. When the taskbar hangs, the cursor turns into a spinning wheel when I hover it over the taskbar.

I have three monitors, though one monitor is an iPad being used as a monitor with Duet. Applications that I am using that alter the taskbar are DisplayFusion and StartIsBack++, though DisplayFusion does not alter the primary taskbar. I am using Nvidia graphics driver 451.48.

I have a TerraMaster direct-attached storage unit plugged into my motherboard's USB Type-C port. I also have an animated wallpaper using Wallpaper Engine and I often see my Corsair keyboard's RGB lighting seemingly restarting. I don't mind that. Corsair iCue is installed, but the application is not set to start at startup. I would greatly appreciate any help in getting my taskbar to stop restarting like this. Thank you.

:)

StevenJK, Jul 10, 2020

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 10, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked

I had the same problem with my Volume icon at system tray. The following tutorial will fix it.

Enable or Disable System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

Use Option One :
    Start with step #3 and 4 > click the Download buttons > continue to step #7 through 11.
    Restart computer afterwards, just to make sure.

davidhk, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar hangs and restarts when clicked - Similar Threads - Taskbar hangs restarts

2. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  3. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. crashing taskbar and hanging on restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing taskbar and hanging on restarts: So I've been having this really weird problem lately. Often I want to use my PC, it boots up just fine, it logs in and then when it has logged in it only shows me a taskbar that seems to be constantly crashing. It doesn't show my background and it won't let me focus on any...
  6. Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle

Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.508 and am experiencing issues where the PC either suddenly reboots when idle or it simply hangs and the only solution is powering it off. Unfortunately, I don't have any crash dumps. The problems only occur some time...
  7. Files in folders hang when clicked

Files in folders hang when clicked: Hey, Recently my laptop stopped opening files in any folder. Video music photos PDFs stop opening. When this glitch happens I restart the Laptop and it clears up for a bit. But the glitch will return at random, I can tell because I see the cursor hang with the blue circle...
  8. when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs

when i click on network & internet in settings it hangs: Hello.. Just a week back i had formatted my dell laptop but i was facing this problem as whenever i clicked on network & internet in settings it just hangs...i tried troubleshooting but there were no problems.....my wireless icon on taskbar has changed to the computer icon...
  9. Hanging at 'Restarting'

Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...
  10. Win 10 hangs when right clicking

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 hangs when right clicking: I have bought a new Lenovo H30 desktop Pc with Win 10 on it. Finding it the worst OS that I have ever used. (Normally a Linux user). XP is easier. I've used many file managers in the past and this one is the least intuitive and hard to use. When I right click on a file or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Taskbar hangs and restarts when clicked