Windows 10: Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop. It has been there since the release of Windows 1.0. Microsoft has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 28, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 28, 2019

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 28, 2019
  4. ariefcfa Win User

Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar has disappeared

2. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .: Wondering why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-on-top-of-screen-disappearing-from-desktop/6a894180-f53b-41fa-a838-fcbaf6b2beac
  3. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .: Wondering why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-on-top-of-screen-disappearing-from-desktop/6a894180-f53b-41fa-a838-fcbaf6b2beac
  4. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Meet Now has disappeared from taskbar

Meet Now has disappeared from taskbar: Hi there,I am using windows 10 21H1 meet now button was thee till now, after restarting the meet now button in task bar and web recommend setting in setting header is also missing I even check in g task bar setting but it is not there too...
  6. Meet Now has disappeared from taskbar

Meet Now has disappeared from taskbar: The Meet Now has disappeared from my task bar on a brand new Dell XPS 13 how do i go about renabling it or finding a way to get it back my laptop has the latest build 20h20 Fall Update And does not show up in the turn taskbar icons on or off or in the jump menu when you...
  7. Taskbar has disappeared

Taskbar has disappeared: How do I recover a Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-has-disappeared/5d5f8dcf-38db-49b3-b200-311892e76392
  8. Battery icon has disappeared from taskbar in windows 10 1909.

Battery icon has disappeared from taskbar in windows 10 1909.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows 10 1909, without any warning the battery icon on taskbar has disappeared and cannot get it back. Any help would be great. Thanks Matthew...
  9. Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar

Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar: I've double-checked my taskbar settings and the power icon is on. Yet I can bring it up only from the "hidden icons." How can I get it back into the taskbar?...
  10. Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer: Windows 10 has disappeared from my desktop computer. I turned my computer off for vacation and when I turned it on, it brought up WIN 7 and it's saying i can't connect to the internet because of a missing network adapter. Any ideas for what happened and what to do?...