Windows 10: Taskbar hidden behind windows

Discus and support Taskbar hidden behind windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aesrfhdgtwtr, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Taskbar hidden behind windows

There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start menu at that point is to close ALL open windows, or use the keyboard. This problem has been a major issue for >4 years, and has persisted through >10 system reinstallations for me.Several threads exist, never solved, the threads just get locked and swept under the rug.

:)

aesrfhdgtwtr, Nov 27, 2021

2. Pesky Taskbar

Hi Watson,

This behavior of your Taskbar is part of the settings set on your computer.

To automatically hide your Taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Taskbar.
    • Select Taskbar settings.
    • Toggle the switch to on for Automatically hide the Taskbar in desktop mode.

Note that it’s not permanently hidden, it’s just hidden if the pointer is away from it.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted for other concerns if you have any.

Aldwin Ale, Nov 27, 2021
  3. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Taskbar hidden behind windows

Win taskbar

Hi,

We'd like to know if you still need further assistance. If yes, feel free to update this thread. If in case that you'd like search bar or box on your taskbar
    to be hidden, this option possible. You can have your search box hidden on your taskbar by following these steps:

• Right-Click on the taskbar or Cortana.
    • Hover your mouse over Cortana, then select
      Hidden.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar hidden behind windows

1. Taskbar hidden behind windows - Similar Threads - Taskbar hidden behind

2. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  5. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  6. Taskbar hidden behind windows

7. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  9. Taskbar hidden behind open windows

Taskbar hidden behind open windows: My task-bar had been hiding behind all my open windows for a few days now, it was getting really annoying and I couldn't find an answer that solved my problem. Then out of nowhere I thought to hit F11 and see if maybe full-screen mode was on. Indeed that was the case at...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Hidden Behind Windows

Windows 10 Taskbar Hidden Behind Windows: I have a new Surface Book 2 15". I noticed almost immediately that the taskbar is hidden behind windows, as in when I move a window downwards it overlaps the taskbar. However, when I maximize the window the machine acts properly and the maximized window sits on top of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Window hidden behind taskbar windows 11