Windows 10: Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

Discus and support Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wong Jing Xuen, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar would not pop up even though my mouse would hover over the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is located. When I minimize these programs to one half of my screen see picture below, I noticed that my taskbar would pop up, although it was hiding behind these programs. I have honestly no idea how to fix this.Hope some

:)

Wong Jing Xuen, Feb 23, 2024

2. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Feb 23, 2024
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

1. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs - Similar Threads - Taskbar Hiding Behind

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  5. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. program opens up behind side taskbar

program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  7. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  8. program icons on taskbar will not hide

program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  9. program to hide the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar: since I need to constantly be hiding and showing the taskbar is there a little program for that? to toggle that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-to-hide-the-taskbar/4ec950f5-e436-4703-8879-a1235f9b2767
  10. Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar: Hi. Today, out of the blue, my start menu has started to hide behind the taskbar. It's rather annoying, as the area you type in is obscured by the taskbar now so I cannot see what is being typed: [img] I rebooted, no dice. Unlocked/relocked the taskbar, no dice. Moved...