Windows 10: Taskbar icon flashing

Discus and support Taskbar icon flashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrandonEllis1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Taskbar icon flashing

When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD).
    I want it to not do that.

It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or some other background app wants to update and can potentially flash for a literal eternity until you go to it, even if you really don't want to (I saw you the first 27 times bro, you can stop flashing now, you damn attention ****).
    Flashing apps are, well, they're just a stupid design choice tbh. How do I get rid of this flashing notification thing entirely and kill it indefinitely?
    I have tried the common foregroundflash RegEdit with a value set to 0, and that didn't help at all.

:)

BrandonEllis1, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Taskbar icon flashing

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar icon flashing

1. Taskbar icon flashing - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon flashing

2. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  3. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  4. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10

Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10: Whenever there is a notification form any application, it flashes in taskbar in orange colour. Like I use MS teams for my classes. Whenever there is a notification, it flashes orange in the taskbar and it won't stop until we actually open that windows. It really irritates me...
  6. Taskbar icons and desktop icons are flashing on Windows 10 Home

Taskbar icons and desktop icons are flashing on Windows 10 Home: How do I stop the taskbar and desktop icons from flashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-and-desktop-icons-are-flashing-on/48b029b3-13e6-4bba-bc43-83c002f484ae
  7. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  8. ISO Help With Flashing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ISO Help With Flashing Taskbar Icons: [ATTACH] So at work, we use teams for communication. I am a part of many group chats and therefore get a lot of notifications from it. My problem is that every time I get a notification (often unrelated to me) my hidden taskbar pops up and does not go away again until...
  9. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  10. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar Icons Flashing on Windows 10