Windows 10: Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged

Discus and support Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803 I logged on this afternoon and suddenly found that my application icons and text on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rixy52, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Rixy52 Win User

Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged

I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1803

I logged on this afternoon and suddenly found that my application icons and text on the desktop were enlarged. (The background wasn't). I checked the resolution and scale but these were unchanged - 1920x1080 & 100%.

I tried the left ctrl and mouse wheel but this only changed the size of the icon not the font. I've also found that on some programs the taskbars are magnified but the work area is normal. For instance on Outlook 365 the toolbar at the top and the side bar are enlarged but the view pane is the normal size.

Also this is only affecting some applications rather than everything. Mozilla Firfox is affected but Microsoft Edge isn't.

I've updated my graphics drivers to the latest version AMD Radeon 19.3.1 and installed all the latest Windows updates but nothing has changed.

Please can anyone offer me some advice?

Many thanks

Andy

:)

Rixy52, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Enlarging Fonts

Hi,

The option for enlarging fonts, apps, and other items is located in the Display settings. To enlarge fonts, apps, and other items in
    Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on any blank space on your desktop.
    • Open Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items on the Display tab, select your preferred size percentage.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 7, 2019
  3. how do I enlarge the icons NOT the font on the favourites bar?????

Hello,

We understand that you would like to enlarge the icons and not the font size on your Favorites bar. Favorites bar extends across the top of the browser windows. Is this what you are referring to? If so, which browser are you using (Internet Explorer, Microsoft
    Edge, etc.)? The settings depend on which browser you are using.

Also, you can be referring to the Taskbar. It is at the bottom of the screen and allows to locate and launch programs through the Start button or view any program that is currently open. If this is what you are referring to, follow the steps below to manage
    the Taskbar settings.

• Click on Windows icon at the left lower corner of your screen then the gear icon for
      Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • Choose Taskbar at the bottom.
    • Check if the Use small taskbar buttons option is turned on. If it is, turn it off.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar & Icon Fonts suddenly enlarged - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icon Fonts

2. Enlarge Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarge Taskbar: Just purchased a new HP laptop w/ Windows 11 & have been told that one cannot enlarge the taskbar. Surely Microsoft wouldn’t discriminate against the visually impaired. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?...
  3. Enlarge Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarge Taskbar: Just purchased a new HP laptop w/ Windows 11 & have been told that one cannot enlarge the taskbar. Surely Microsoft wouldn’t discriminate against the visually impaired. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?...
  4. System fonts enlarge on boot

System fonts enlarge on boot: I am having a strange problem where sometimes when I boot my PC, the font size on system elements is enlarged title bars, File Explorer, etc., and only system elements, not in any applications. As far as I can tell, no settings have changed: accessibility settings are set to...
  5. enlarge font

in Windows 10 Customization
    enlarge font: trying to enlarge font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-font/864d1249-934d-42b6-bfcd-2b8d46ece9ca
  6. enlarge font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enlarge font: trying to enlarge font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-font/864d1249-934d-42b6-bfcd-2b8d46ece9ca
  7. enlarge font

8. Enlarge icons

Enlarge icons: Hello, This is my first post! I hope that I will make myself understood since I am French and my English is poor ... I want to enlarge the icons in the side panel from the explorer? Do you have any solutions? [img] 146409
  9. Enlarged taskbar icons on the external monitor

Enlarged taskbar icons on the external monitor: Ho do I fix this without a restart?[ATTACH] On my second monitor, the time font is too large and the taskbar alert icons are fuzzy like they're not scaling correctly: [ATTACH] Problem occurs when I dock my laptop. Have had the same issue with a Surface laptop dock and my...
  10. Sudden screen enlargement

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden screen enlargement: Hi All Had Windows 10 for a few months now and I have a problem which is driving me to distraction *Mad Every now and then (quite often) something happens and the computer goes into a sort of mode where if I slide my finger over the touchpad from bottom to top everything on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows icons and fonts enlarged