Windows 10: Taskbar Icon Removal

Discus and support Taskbar Icon Removal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove a taskbar icon? completely remove so it's not in that hidden space either. Ok so I know the answer is no, I am posting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marc Marquez, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Taskbar Icon Removal

Is there a way to remove a taskbar icon? completely remove so it's not in that hidden space either.

Ok so I know the answer is no, I am posting this suggestion so that maybe it gets traction and Microsoft does something.
    My thought is there should be three levels of icons and notifications. like there used to be before windows 10

1. Standard - icon that always shows.

2. Hidden - icon that shows up in that hidden space shown by the arrow.

3. Removed - User selected - Icon is never shown for any reason. Windows used to allow this. Why they remove features is beyond me.

:)

Marc Marquez, Oct 6, 2020

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Taskbar Icon Removal

Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Icon Removal

1. Taskbar Icon Removal - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icon Removal

2. Remove Start icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  3. Remove Start icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  4. Command line remove taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line remove taskbar icons: Hello,We are upgrading users from Office 2016 to O365.We're finding some users have pinned the Office 2016 icons to their taskbar and we're struggling to find a method to remove those legacy icons.We can go to this location and easily delete the icons:...
  5. Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar

Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar: Hi I have an application running on my system that I would like to hide for end user. Is there a way to hide this application using regkey or GPO to ensure this is not visible for end user. It is located in the taskbar close to the clock with antivirus, ......
  6. remove icon from taskbar

remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  7. Removing Office Outlook Taskbar Icon

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office Outlook Taskbar Icon: Hello, I don't want to see Office Outlook taskbar icon. How can I Remove Office Outlook icon on Taskbar Right Side? [img] 116131
  8. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  9. remove icons in windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove icons in windows 10 taskbar: Does someone know how to remove icons in windows 10 taskbar? I have tried deleting the programs but the icons remain in the taskbar. 52288
  10. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554