Windows 10: Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Discus and support Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Olive11251, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed in yesterday and THEY CAN'T remove them. REALLY????????

And let's talk about the Color Metrics that used to be in Windows 7...... There is NO WAY to change your icon fonts other than to download a third party application. Again REALLY? Changing resolution is not a solution for us that do graphics and photography. We pay good money for our monitors for our work. Again it's a PRO version. You increase the overall font size and size of the system and it throws ALL programs into that. Hence Photoshop, Lightroom and and creative software is affected and we can't even see or use half the tools in our programs when doing so because the increase affects EVERYTHING!!!!!

The toolbar.... let's see well I CAN'T!!!! There is NO WAY of enlarging the icons in the taskbar. WHY??????????? Not all of us are under 40 and can't even read them. What a poor poor design. And again per two Microsoft tech calls they can't fix it.

Look around the internet Microsoft, read these threads here. There are thousands of people with the same problems. What now?

I couldn't be more dissatisfied with Windows / Microsoft right now as this was also escalated and that tech tonight dialed in and could do NOTHING once again.

So, all of us "Professionals" that can't afford enterprise are looking for copies of Windows 7 pro to purchase because this Windows 10 is a nightmare as Vista was.

:)

Olive11251, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 28, 2018
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

1. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icon size

2. Taskbar icons size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons size: So for like a month or so after one update these taskbar icons are so big i cant even look at them. Tb stopped working and yes ive tried taskbarsi set it to 0 still they are big im running on 1280x1024 bc its just better for me while playing games and i got used to it. Icons...
  3. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  4. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  5. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  6. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  7. Taskbar font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar font size: I have done repeated searches for the answer to this question and none of the suggestions has worked for me so far. The font size in the taskbar for Windows 10 is too small to suit me. How do I manage to increase the size of the letters so I can read them more clearly? Font...
  8. Font and icons size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font and icons size: Font size is too small, but it's only on desktop and in file explorer, other fonts are ok. Also icons on desktop overlays each other even though i choose align icons to grid. How can I solve it? Changing scaling doesn't work.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Size of taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of taskbar icons: How can I enlarge my taskbar icons I can only see 30% of the icon. 57839
  10. Icon size and fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon size and fonts: Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when...