Windows 10: Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly

Discus and support Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 LTSC v1809 bad - [img] good - [img] (preferred) What can I do? Thanks! 143542 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ncsercs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ncsercs Win User

Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly

Win 10 LTSC v1809

bad -
    Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly [​IMG]

good -
    (preferred)

What can I do? Thanks!

:)

ncsercs, Oct 30, 2019

2. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

Hello!

After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples:
    First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu):

Then it starts to evolve

I don't have two instances of Discord, Taiga, or Syncplay running. It's just showing two.
    Nothing is reported as even occuring in Event Viewer at that time. It's all rather confusing.

I currently use OpenShell. Not sure if that could be causing it. A restart ususally fixes it for a while. This only occurs on my secondary monitor, not my primary. And changing the taskbar settings seems to fix it until I get a notification and click the icon again. Restarting explorer.exe is a temporary fix.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask!

QwertySpace, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon sizes

2. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly: Hello! After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples: First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu): [img] Then it starts to evolve [img] [img] I don't have two instances of...
  3. System icon display on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icon display on taskbar: I have the time system icon on the desktop. How do I get the date to appear there also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icon-display-on-taskbar/1fc3754a-6df9-4915-9e12-bd8ca9eee8d9
  4. change size of taskbar and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of taskbar and desktop icons: The icons on my desktop icons suddenly got huge and all could not fit on the screen. Simultaneously, the taskbar icons got very small. I had not done anything intentionally to cause this. I tried clicking settings I got pressing the windows button (lower lft of screen). I...
  5. Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incorrect Icon In Taskbar: When opening a PDF file today I am seeing an icon for Movie Maker, not an icon for Adobe, in the taskbar. This happens when clicking a desktop shortcut for Acrobat reader Dc, but not happening when using a desktop shortcut for Acrobat XI to open the program (correct icon does...
  6. Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icon Size: Hello everyone. I have small problem again. Is anyone know how to change the taskbar icon size? Because Windows 10 Taskbar icons looks so small too me. Here is different from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Thanks. Attachment 27697 11667
  7. Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot: Hey, I have a problem, ever since I took the anniversary update ~1 week ago, every time I turn my computer off and on again (I have fast startup on), the battery icon doesn't appear unless I restart the explorer.exe process or reboot, and it's really annoying, does anyone...
  8. Size of taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of taskbar icons: How can I enlarge my taskbar icons I can only see 30% of the icon. 57839
  9. Taskbar icons not displaying again

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons not displaying again: [img] So, volume and external drives aren't displaying in the taskbar, once again. "Settings" doesn't do anything, and the old control panel "taskbar" option doesn't work either. Any solutions other than "Uninstall Windows 10"? 43126
  10. Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons forget size and positions on reboot.: After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum size (only eight fit on the screen). Once icons are manually resized, (Ctrl-Scroll), they're scattered all over the screen....