Windows 10: Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

Discus and support Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, randomly (several weeks after updating to 20H2), the icons on my taskbar suddenly got much wider, as shown in the attached image. The spacing also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackypoo1198, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

So, randomly (several weeks after updating to 20H2), the icons on my taskbar suddenly got much wider, as shown in the attached image. The spacing also got messed up in File Explorer. Does anyone know which registry key I should edit to fix this problem? It's very ugly. taskbarerror2.png - Google Drive

:)

jackypoo1198, Jan 11, 2021
  2. RBBolin Win User

"windows 10" taskbar icon spacing too wide

Windows 10 taskbar icon spacing too wide. Each icon takes 25% of the taskbar. How can I shrink the spacing? Windows 8.1 did not have this problem. All attempts to search for window 10 taskbar icon space leads to windows 7 or 8.1. I also turned text
    off but the spacing remains the same.

Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2 44f53d2e-e369-4ba4-8de1-e792aae1eae8.jpg

RBBolin, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 11, 2021
  4. pepanee Win User

Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?

Suggest it as a feature for 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

It used to have the option to minimize the spacing between the icons in the Taskbar for Pre-Windows 10 Operating Systems.

pepanee, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

1. Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon spacing

2. Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger: Spacing between system try icons suddenly got biggerSometime in the last week or so today is 4/3/2023 the gap between the system tray icons has gotten larger. Is there a way to reduce it?It now shows about 8 icons not including the clock / wi-fi / battery one where it used to...
  3. Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacing between system try icons suddenly got bigger: Spacing between system try icons suddenly got biggerSometime in the last week or so today is 4/3/2023 the gap between the system tray icons has gotten larger. Is there a way to reduce it?It now shows about 8 icons not including the clock / wi-fi / battery one where it used to...
  4. Desktop icons selection area is too wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons selection area is too wide.: Only 2 icons are being shown on the top of the screen and icon selection area is too wide while their text size is normal. My display settings are change the size of the apps and text on the main menu at '125% recommended' under the "make everything bigger"....
  5. Desktop icons selection area is too wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons selection area is too wide.: Only 2 icons are being shown on the top of the screen and icon selection area is too wide while their text size is normal. My display settings are change the size of the apps and text on the main menu at '125% recommended' under the "make everything bigger"....
  6. Vertical Taskbar too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical Taskbar too wide: Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar. 172353
  7. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  8. Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide: So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out how to fix this? [ATTACH] And yes, I have restarted....
  9. Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart

Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart: My desktop applications are too widely spaced apart. How do I revert it back to when all my apps could be placed in a grid-format along the left-hand side of the screen?...
  10. Hard drive icons spacing too wide

Hard drive icons spacing too wide: how do i fix this? Windows 10 Pro x64 build 16278 92728