Windows 10: Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?

Discus and support Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win10x64. I've had the desktop for a longer time, and I can't remember how I managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eamoex, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Eamoex Win User

Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it?

Hello All,

I have a desktop and a laptop both running Win10x64. I've had the desktop for a longer time, and I can't remember how I managed to completely kill off anything update related. It's been so quiet on that front for a year+ now that I completely forgot about fighting against update-pushing hell!

But the laptop is new, and I've been tailoring it to my needs for a week or two now, in a piecemeal kind of way.

I CANNOT get rid of the Windows Update Status notification icon in the Taskbar (little rectangle with cycling arrows, with an exclamation marked red disc on top). Although it's disabled, or "turned off", in that horribly iPad-looking preference pane ("Select which icons appear in the taskbar"), it's still there.

Can someone please help?

:)

Eamoex, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/42345/Windows-7-Goodies-in-C-Taskbar-Progress-and-Status

3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar icon - Windows Update Status - how to KILL it? - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon Update

2. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  3. Taskbar battery status icon is not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar battery status icon is not showing: Taskbar battery status icon is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-battery-status-icon-is-not-showing/646d32f6-dcc1-487a-8f79-3c5e3f9e026e
  4. I think a Windows 10 update killed my computer - stuck with no icons, unusable taskbar and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think a Windows 10 update killed my computer - stuck with no icons, unusable taskbar and...: My Windows 10 system restarted and opened to an unusable taskbar, no icons, and a mouse cursor. I am trying to avoid re-installing everything as that is a ton of work. I have tried going back to other restore points - they fail. I have tried repairing start up problems...
  5. Windows Update Status icon

Windows Update Status icon: I understand that when the Windows Update Status icon with a small circle in the corner appears in my Notification Area, Windows is asking me to restart so it can install updates. Yet even though I have this icon "on" in the Settings screen, I usually can't see it on the...
  6. W10 update kills the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update kills the taskbar: First, I'm new to this and thought I posted this already, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find one's own post. After updating the latest W10 my PC eventually kills the bottom taskbar. Placing the cursor there gets a perpetual blue circle. Open applications like mail...
  7. Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to restore Network status icon on taskbar: my network status icon has disappeared when the taskbar is shown on the bottom. The status icon DOES show up when I move it to the right side. I am running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.376] the taskbar is unlocked i have selected show network in taskbar settings...
  8. battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update?

battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update?: battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update? I've fixed this problem in the past on a different laptop, but cant remember how???!!!...
  9. Enable or Disable Windows Update Status Taskbar Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Status Taskbar Icon in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Update Status Taskbar Icon in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Update Status Taskbar Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 The Windows Update Status icon in the taskbar notification area was first introduced in the Windows 10...
  10. Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hot to permantly kill Windows 10 update icon: I have a Acer laptop that can't be upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 because of the Intel GMA 3600 graphics card. I have uninstalled KB3035583 & few others & hide the updates as i read but that darn icon keeps coming back. Seems hiding update does not work & keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update status icon

2. windows update status taskbar

3. Windows Update Status notification icon in the Taskbar

4. windows update icon in taskbar