Windows 10: Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

Discus and support Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thane5, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/Thane5 Win User

Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed nothing. Anyone else?

submitted by /u/Thane5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thane5, Dec 2, 2019

2. How to change taskbar text back to white?

Thanks for the update. Corrupted or Broken Windows Update Components is one possible cause of the issue that you're encountering. Let's change the themes on the Control Panel and see if they help us in changing the Taskbar text color. To do so, please follow
    these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Personalization.
    • Switch to the Default theme called Windows. (The text will be white.)
    • Switch the background to whatever they were before, and the text should stay white.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 2, 2019
  4. res0khor Win User

white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons are

2. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  3. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  4. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  5. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  6. Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon backgrounds in dark mode are white: I believe this started with Windows version 2004 but only these two programs seem to look weird. I tried to re-add the shortcuts manually but that did nothing. I also tried to reinstall premiere and audition but that also did nothing. Changing modes to light hides the problem...
  7. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  8. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  9. Windows Apps Icons with white background

Windows Apps Icons with white background: Hello folks, it's the time of the year again - the fresh install of my machine is nearly complete. However, this time, I have applied the Turquoise Icon Set (Turquoise 1.3). While it works flawless on the icons in my explorer.exe, it has messed up the Windows App...
  10. White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    White background on Taskbar Icons after Win 10 Anniversary Update: Hi Friends, Today, I updated my Alienware to Anniversary Update, after it finished everything was OK but I noticed that the icons on the taskbar has a white background and looked weird to me! this issue is only with the built-in and store apps! please help me fix it...