Windows 10: Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

Discus and support Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never this just started happening this week. before that they were fine. Cass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CassSalz, Jan 16, 2020.

1. CassSalz Win User

Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never

this just started happening this week. before that they were fine.

Cass

:)

CassSalz, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never :) Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never :)

Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar icons are combining even though they are set to Never - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons are

2. Never Combine taskbar buttons option is NOT available in Taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Combine taskbar buttons option is NOT available in Taskbar settings: "Never Combine taskbar buttons" option is NOT available in Taskbar settings!Even after changing registry TaskbarGlomLevel to 2, it did not change to never combine....
  3. Never Combine taskbar buttons option is NOT available in Taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never Combine taskbar buttons option is NOT available in Taskbar settings: "Never Combine taskbar buttons" option is NOT available in Taskbar settings!Even after changing registry TaskbarGlomLevel to 2, it did not change to never combine....
  4. taskbar NEVER COMBINE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar NEVER COMBINE: when will you give us back the option to never combine items in the taskbar?when will you give us back the option to always show every icon in the system tray?why is microsht so ftg cking incompetent? why were those options even removed? you try your best to be hated...
  5. taskbar NEVER COMBINE

taskbar NEVER COMBINE: when will you give us back the option to never combine items in the taskbar?when will you give us back the option to always show every icon in the system tray?why is microsht so ftg cking incompetent? why were those options even removed? you try your best to be hated...
  6. Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?: Hi,Is there an update on when this feature is expected to be released? It has been extremely unproductive working with the taskbar icons combined. Why was the option to never combine even removed?...
  7. Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?

Windows 11 - Never combine mode Taskbar icons?: Hi,Is there an update on when this feature is expected to be released? It has been extremely unproductive working with the taskbar icons combined. Why was the option to never combine even removed?...
  8. Taskbar issue - never combine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue - never combine: Is Microsoft planning to restore the "never combine" feature on the taskbar? I had to remove Win 11 and go back to 10 because not having this feature is so inconvenient....
  9. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...
  10. Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons

Windows 11 - Never Combine Taskbar Icons: I know that the "never combine" taskbar setting is not available in Windows 11. Is this something that will be corrected in an update, or has this been removed permanently? Feedback to Microsoft - I prefer to see all open files and not have to hover over the icon to choose...