Windows 10: Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users have experienced an abnormal behavior where their Windows 10 Taskbar icons become invisible, go missing, or disappear & reappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 20, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

Hi all,

• - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI
      - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep
      - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever.

- Tried restarting the laptop
      - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe'

Any tips for getting them back? It's annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks in advance!

Also:
    When I open the explorer when uploading or downloading something, the icons are there..

Here's a pic:

Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

O0mix0O, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Calculator icon invisible on Taskbar

None of those work and there is no option to uninstall Calculator - I did reset it. Creating a desktop icon shows the correct icon but the taskbar icon remains blank when Calulator is running on all PCs.

Steve C, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar icons are invisible, blank or missing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons are

2. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  3. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  4. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Invisible Taskbar Icon

Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  6. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  7. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Invisible icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invisible icons in taskbar: I am having a issue with my DELL windows 10 laptop I opened my PC to see that all the icons in the taskbar are invisible . Things I tried : Went to task manager and restarted file explorer Restarted my pc Unpin and repin the applications If anyone knows how to fix it...
  9. Invisible icon on taskbar

Invisible icon on taskbar: On my taskbar is one invisible icon and I can't figure out where it comes from. [ATTACH] Clicking on it (no matter if I press left or right mouse button) wont show anything. Also hovering with the mouse courser over the "icon" to get a tool tip isn't working. Is there...
  10. Invisible icons on taskbar

Invisible icons on taskbar: Hi, So this problem has recently surfaced on my Lenovo laptop. It has the most recent version of windows installed. The problem is that certain apps (messenger, settings, mail etc.) will be clickable on the task bar, but are invisible. This doesn't affect them in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost icons in taskbar windows 10

2. pinned icons disappear from taskbar