Windows 10: Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon

Discus and support Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Widows 10 20H2 19042.630 In the past couple days I've noticed that the taskbar icons appear to be spread further apart than usual. Opening additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by music2myear, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon

Widows 10 20H2 19042.630

In the past couple days I've noticed that the taskbar icons appear to be spread further apart than usual. Opening additional applications not pinned to the taskbar causes the icons to compress together a bit to fit the new icon in, until there are too many icons and it spills over into a second row of taskbar icons.

While looking into this issue I found an unanswered question that also noted that there was no Search Bar option any longer, only the Search Icon. I normally use the Search Icon myself and so hadn't checked this, but found that is indeed the case. When I right-click on my taskbar and open the Search submenu, the only two options are Hidden and Show Search Icon.

I want my taskbar icon spacing to remain consistent. They should not expand to fill my taskbar.

:)

music2myear, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon

Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon

1. Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons are

2. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons blown apart: I have the same problem listed on this thread and tried the same remedies.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-out-of-scale-icons-spaced-way/2ccad350-6182-4fae-9148-2631ed40635dOccasionally Microsoft does an update and the desktop goes nuts....
  3. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons blown apart: I have the same problem listed on this thread and tried the same remedies.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-out-of-scale-icons-spaced-way/2ccad350-6182-4fae-9148-2631ed40635dOccasionally Microsoft does an update and the desktop goes nuts....
  4. Desktop Icons blown apart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar icons spread out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons spread out?: After a recent power outage I booted up my computer to have all my Icons that are typically at the bottom right of my screen spread out on my Taskbar. I'm unaware of changing any settings that would normally put them all neatly in one button nor can i find any options to...
  6. Taskbar icons spread out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons spread out?: After a recent power outage I booted up my computer to have all my Icons that are typically at the bottom right of my screen spread out on my Taskbar. I'm unaware of changing any settings that would normally put them all neatly in one button nor can i find any options to...
  7. Taskbar icons spread out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  9. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  10. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118