Windows 10: Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings

Discus and support Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Taskbar behaviour has changed for me. I have things set so that taskbar shows wide icons view of the apps that are open, in the same location on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedOrange7, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings

Taskbar behaviour has changed for me. I have things set so that taskbar shows wide icons view of the apps that are open, in the same location on the taskbar as the app. But now the windows explorer icon shows on the furthest right, not where the folders icon is. Little screenshot below might illustrate better.

[Imgur](https://imgur.com/9VKLjHH)

See the folders icon on the far left, now showing opened on the far right.

How do I get the open folder to display back on the right?

submitted by /u/RedOrange7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedOrange7, Apr 9, 2021

2. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings

1. Taskbar icons changed locations, I didn't touch any settings - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons changed

2. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  3. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  4. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar Icon - Settings Icon changed to edge logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon - Settings Icon changed to edge logo: Hi, looking for some help/advice. I have an issue with the icon that appears on the task bar for the Windows setting app that has changed to the Microsoft edge logo. - I have tried unpinning the settings icon and re-adding it. - I have also tried doing a icon cache reset...
  6. Taskbar Icon - Settings Icon changed to edge logo

Taskbar Icon - Settings Icon changed to edge logo: Hi, looking for some help/advice. I have an issue with the icon that appears on the task bar for the Windows setting app that has changed to the Microsoft edge logo. - I have tried unpinning the settings icon and re-adding it. - I have also tried doing a icon cache reset...
  7. Settings to customise location of Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings to customise location of Taskbar: In typical, historical "I will tell you what you need" fashion the ability to locate the position of the taskbar top/left/bottom/right side of screen was abandoned. This makes the platform less accommodating when using any software product other than MS.... there is a host of...
  8. Settings to customise location of Taskbar

Settings to customise location of Taskbar: In typical, historical "I will tell you what you need" fashion the ability to locate the position of the taskbar top/left/bottom/right side of screen was abandoned. This makes the platform less accommodating when using any software product other than MS.... there is a host of...
  9. apps icon on taskbar didn't show up

apps icon on taskbar didn't show up: I just reset my laptop and remove all the data in it and then I noticed that the apps icon on the taskbar didn't show up. when I pointed the cursor to it, it shows the name of the apps mail, microsoft store, etc. I tried to enable the safe mode as I saw the instruction on the...
  10. Changing taskbar icons?

Changing taskbar icons?: hey everyone new to this forum and windows in general (i come from a mac and than linux background). I was wondering if its possible to change somehow the firefox and spotify icons to match those of the default windows task bar icons so it looks more uniform? in linux...