Windows 10: Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

Discus and support Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 11 pro, I have been having this issue basically for months I have tried this method that was posted before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Falldown_, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Falldown_ Win User

Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

I have Windows 11 pro, I have been having this issue basically for months I have tried this method that was posted before https://techcult.com/enable-or-disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-10/. The weird thing is, is that sometimes all I need to do is minimize everything and then it will work but it is annoying. This happens just randomly for no reason and I don't know how to fix it.

:)

Falldown_, Feb 6, 2023
  2. donwb Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Feb 6, 2023
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Don, I've included a "Step Recording" for you to view. It shows the results of hover and click on your issues. Open in your browser.

Even though the step text says "click", it's obvious where I was hovering.

It did not pick up the hover text on the 3 power options, but they did display and were not blacked out. Nothing was blacked out on any of these steps. Probably the Step Recorder doesn't pick up tool tip messages on sub-menus. All appeared normal on my display.

What are the 2 tray icons still missing?

Please try the icon cache reset, it can cure a lot of goofy tray issues.

Also, you may want to try running MCBUILDER.exe from an Admin cmd line, followed by a restart. It rebuilds the Microsoft Resource cache.

(I smell a dogfight coming!)

Cheers! *Cool Dick...

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2023
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

Don, one last thought... Check to see if you have the latest (best) graphics card driver. HP may have one better than TP version for your box. Dick...

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It. - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Don't

2. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...: I don't even know how to properly describe this. It's not a problem that would affect any function, but it is quite annoying since as described the icon will be lit up as if selected and the name of the icon will show as if the cursor was there, even though it is no longer...
  3. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...: I don't even know how to properly describe this. It's not a problem that would affect any function, but it is quite annoying since as described the icon will be lit up as if selected and the name of the icon will show as if the cursor was there, even though it is no longer...
  4. When I hover my mouse cursor over an icon on the taskbar and go away, the icon still looks...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  6. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  7. Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.: I have Windows 11 pro, I have been having this issue basically for months I have tried this method that was posted before https://techcult.com/enable-or-disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-10/. The weird thing is, is that sometimes all I need to do is minimize everything...
  8. The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.: When I hovered over the application in the taskbar, I started to notice that the application icon itself did not display the application icon for several minutes. Only Microsoft apps do not immediately display icons. I didn't notice this before. Tell me, what could this be...
  9. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  10. Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering: I used to be able to hover over the icons on my taskbar and preview the open windows. Now I have to click the icon see the windows. This is especially annoying when i try to change a spotify track withouth switching to the actual window. Please help....