Windows 10: Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

Discus and support Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to hover over the icons on my taskbar and preview the open windows. Now I have to click the icon see the windows. This is especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MathijsTettero, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

I used to be able to hover over the icons on my taskbar and preview the open windows. Now I have to click the icon see the windows. This is especially annoying when i try to change a spotify track withouth switching to the actual window.

Please help.

:)

MathijsTettero, Jun 7, 2020
  2. flycaster Win User

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here.

All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And will happen whether one or multiple tabs are on the tab bar. When hovering the cursor over FF's tab bar icon, and then hovering (and not clicking) the cursor over a tab's preview thumbnail, FF's window will now show several tiled FF's with the present thumbnails site on top. But, now clicking on that thumbnail, the site will open as a single site...with no evidence of the other apparently opened FF's. This only happens with the FF taskbar icon's thumbnail and not with any of the other icons on the bar.

Here are some captures of this odd occurrence:

Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering [​IMG]

flycaster, Jun 7, 2020
  3. joegti Win User
    Taskbar Thumbnails

For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue.

joegti, Jun 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

Hi, I understand you do not see taskbar thumbnails when hovering over an active icon on the taskbar.

You could use this recommended reputable free tool to try re-enabling that - by unchecking the box of course.

Also
    How to Disable Live Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

This also helped someone with a similar problem:
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Suitable search string for Google etc:
    enable taskbar thumbnail preview

dalchina, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

1. Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons don't

2. Missing X icon when hovering program on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing X icon when hovering program on taskbar: Hi, I am seeing an empty box in place of various icons in Windows 10, most notably the X icon when hovering a program on the taskbar. I tried clearing my iconcache but it did not work....
  3. Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.: I have Windows 11 pro, I have been having this issue basically for months I have tried this method that was posted before https://techcult.com/enable-or-disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-10/. The weird thing is, is that sometimes all I need to do is minimize everything...
  4. Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons Don't Display The Rectangular Picture When I Hover My Mouse On It.: I have Windows 11 pro, I have been having this issue basically for months I have tried this method that was posted before https://techcult.com/enable-or-disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-10/. The weird thing is, is that sometimes all I need to do is minimize everything...
  5. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  6. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  7. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application icon is not immediately displayed when you hover over it in the taskbar.: When I hovered over the application in the taskbar, I started to notice that the application icon itself did not display the application icon for several minutes. Only Microsoft apps do not immediately display icons. I didn't notice this before. Tell me, what could this be...
  9. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  10. Thumbnail previews of open programs don't close when not 'hovering'

Thumbnail previews of open programs don't close when not 'hovering': I'm one of these people who doesn't appreciate the thumbnail preview of open program screens when hovering over the icon in the tray. I haven't found a way to shut this action off, although I did learn that a Registry value can be changed to increase the time it takes for...